Misleading Content Version

Posted By Lord Ashes 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I have some content that goes back many versions of iClone and CC. Most of the iClone stuff, I believe, is backwards compatible so there is no issue with the content stating "version X or above". However, I have run into a problem with my CC content. I have some morphs that were designed for CC1 characters during the CC2 era. The content, when displayed in the Marketplace, says "CC v2.00 or above". This makes customers think that the morphs are compatible with CC3 and not CC4 characters since CC3 and CC4 is "CC v2.00 or above". However, this does not seem to be the case. One of my two morphs back seems to be compatible with CC3+ characters while the other is not. It appears that neither are compatible with CC4.

I understand that the mesh of CC1, CC3 and CC4 characters are different so morph compatibility between different generation of characters is hard if not impossible. My issue is not with the fact that the morphs don't work on newer generation characters, my issue is that the content description in the Marketplace can be interpreted by client as suggesting that it does. In my opinion, the Required Product should changed to something like "Developed For" and give an exact version. That way there is no implication that it is compatible with future versions.

This may be a niche case for CC Morphs only. Even iClone Morphs should not be affected since they provide the base and the morphs in one.

Best Regards,

Lord Ashes

The below screen shot shows the Marketplace screen capture. The Required Product seems to suggest that the content should work with CC2 or higher which would include CC3 and CC4. However, that is not correct. The content partially works with CC3 and does not seem to work with CC4 at all.  

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Thanks for the feedback. We will look into the points you have raised and try to improve how this information is communicated in the future.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
UPDATE:

The Content team suggest that if the asset is developed for specific version of the software, developers should add a special note on the main image and description to avoid misleading customers.

This should resolve the issue for now. Thanks again for your feedback.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic