Profile Picture

Question: What are the rules with submitting actorBUILD characters?

Posted By jesshmusic72 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Question: What are the rules with submitting actorBUILD characters?

Author
jesshmusic72
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am curious if we are allowed to use clothes and props we have purchased when creating actorBUILD avatars.
If someone could point me to the rules for what we can submit that would be awesome. I just don't want to get hit with a plagiarism claim haha.
On that note, will the DRM check tell me if my character has something that shouldn't be submitted?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

You can sell customized versions of existing content but it needs to be customized in such a way as to be a different product. You can't resell a product as is.

So for example, if there is a jacket or dress already for sale that you would like to create custom textures for, then you can sell the custom jacket or dress in the Marketplace. This kind of content is called derivative content.

Derivative content means that the customer will need to already have the base product to be able to use your custom version. If they don't have the original base product they will get a watermark.

When uploading, "derivative" content will be detected and the product page will display the required base products. You may also get warnings to let you know if a product can't be uploaded to the Marketplace and the reasons for it. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jesshmusic72
jesshmusic72
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)Senior Member (273 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Oh after giving it a try I was relieved to see that it enforces the base cloth requirements auto-magically.

Thanks!

Reading This Topic