Profile Picture

Full Body Morphs from FBX into iClone 8 (ridiculous workflow)

Posted By 4u2ges 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Full Body Morphs from FBX into iClone 8 (ridiculous workflow)

Author
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Well, yes. I am posting this "ridiculous" workflow as there is no other way to import large quantity of full body morphs from FBX into iClone 8.
NOTE: You must still have iClone 7 and 3DXchange.

I used to use this routine in iClone 7 because there was a deficiency in importing morphs from FBX.
But now, since introduction of CC4, even this workflow was effectively shut down leaving me no choice but to still include iClone 7 and 3DXchange into the routine.

Let me know if you find any other way (other than through OBJ one by one of course).
Just a note on OBJ method. It is still has flaws and depends on mesh/geometry quality.
I prefer to import iClone morphs via FBX because it's more robust and let me get away with things that OBJ method would not.

I am importing here 2 sample morphs from Blender (it could be any other software) into iClone8 for CC3+ Standard Neutral Base character.
It could be any other character (including non-standard). If you need an A-bind pose, it's here: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost476255.aspx

You definitely would want to morph clothed characters. The routine is exactly the same. The only difference is, that you'd have to create morphs for each affected cloth item as well for a specific group.
And then Bake them together in IC7 or IC8 Morphs Creator. In Blender for instance you could create morphs for body and multiple items of clothing simultaneously in Edit Mode.
But it's rather technicality and depends on your skills with respective software.
Bottom line: it's going to work as long as you have same meshes, mesh names and vertex count for the actual character and its replica prop.

I did not include any comments. Ask, if you have questions.

lightbearer
lightbearer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)Veteran Member (695 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
That is not intuitive at all,and seems like a real pain.

It's odd, as I was checking the iClone 8 manual for how to create morphs and it mentions using 3DX, but if you only purchased iC8 you won't have 3DX. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4da7e067-3234-4f28-ae21-2d6b.jpg
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
That is not intuitive at all,and seems like a real pain.

That is why I named it a "ridicules" workflow.
Full complaint is here: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/iClone-morphs-multiple-issues

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@4u2ges
You have my Vote πŸ‘
Greetings rosuckmediia

Reading This Topic