Clone clothes Help Needed

Posted By bmailsjc 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bmailsjc
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)Veteran Member (606 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I have been working with iClone since version 2.0 and I am still very confused about clothing characters. I recently purchased Texture Pack Men in Suits for $12US. I am running iClone 4.12 professional. The notes list system requirements as: iClone 3.2 or above is required.

Now it seems I need G3 Clone Cloth for Essential men Vol. 1 for another $100. I am not sure I could use that add on without photo shop! Someone please address this very simple issue. What is needed to purchase and use G3 clothes? I am getting gun shy about making more purchases not knowing if I will have the required features to use them. I suspect I’m not alone in this. I don’t have Photo Shop and not interested in purchasing it or in creating clothes. I can buy motions, props and accessories without much angst but I am never sure what is required to purchase and use clothes or textures.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Alley
Alley
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hello

Anything you see in the Reallusion store, under the category of Avatar Pack/G3 Texture, is going to need the clone cloth bases or at least some other base first.  Anything in the category of G3 Character, will come as a fully dressed character.

Now, two of the suits in the G3 Men in Suits Texture Pack, Volume 2 are based on the casual default cloth (Dylan cloth) or if using Iclone 3, the default casual Trey cloth that is available for download through backstage free.  THerefore, you should be able to apply the textures for the two basic on casual to Dylan/Trey.  In order to use the other three suits in the pack, you will only need to purchase G3 Cloth Overcoat Upper, which can be purchased through backstage for 500 points I believe, which amounts to about $5.00.  The lower for the other three suits is based on the default casual.

If you need help understanding how clone cloth works, please refer to the tutorials I did which can be found at www.cloneclips.com.  Here is a link to the first one.  The others are easy to find by searching clone cloth.  The 2nd one is specific to applying purchased imaterials to clone cloth.

http://www.cloneclips.com/video/610/Organizing-Your-CloneCloth--Tutorial

http://www.cloneclips.com/video/611/Applying-your-iMaterial-Files-in-CloneCloth--Tutorial

ADDED - If you purchased the suits Volume 1...then you also would need Trey fit lower.  But as you are posting now, I am guessing it is the volume 2 you bought.  Each character upper or lower is labelled with which cloth base it is based on.

Alley

Edited
14 Years Ago by Alley
mailtophoo
mailtophoo
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)

hi Alley this is my first message to you really impressed with your all tutorials. But still stuck with some needful help. i did not found any match clone cloth that could match with my need which is not shape as i wanted to be. i have attached and image file please help me in this regard.
please view the attached pic in red square.

Need Help

Phoo
Attachments
DSCN3187.gif (345 views, 89.00 KB)
Alley
Alley
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Could you not make it from this combo of clone cloth?  Do you have the Gwynn Clone Cloth?

EDIt - just realized this is iClone 4 thread - so I presume you don't have iClone 5 and access to Gwynn stuff - just looked at all the G3 Clone Cloth - dress would not work as it has puffy sleeves and Overcoat might not work, but may be possible - I'll have a look.

Alley

Edited
12 Years Ago by Alley
Illustrator Cathy
Illustrator Cathy
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Hi Alley -

Those clone clips links do not work for me - I get a "No Sever Found" message.
Per my email earlier this week I'd like to move all your G3 tutorials to the Wiki to avoid this problem. I'll be combing through your YouTube channel for them.

I already have all these but am wondering if there are any more?

http://iclone-wiki.wikispaces.com/Alley%27s+Clone+Cloth+Corner

-Cathy Hehe

Just click on the graphic to go there.

Edited
12 Years Ago by Anim8torCathy
Alley
Alley
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Cathy - I just emailed you the links to 7 tutorials.  Thanks for keeping the WIKI going for everyone. Smile

Alley

Alley
Alley
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

With G3 Violet Overcoat, I think you could achieve the look.  Just dropped in colours here of course, but with photoshop work, it could do the trick - let me know if you need help.

Alley

mailtophoo
mailtophoo
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)

Thank you Alley, I have achieved some Idea But I would like to have the better with your trick.

Phoo
Alley
Alley
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

How is this?

Alley

Edited
12 Years Ago by Alley
mailtophoo
mailtophoo
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

she is beautiful. really

Phoo

Reading This Topic