Profile Picture

Startup Crash with latest version (v4.09.6617.1 (2022/6/23) - Where Do We Find Prior Builds for Hub?...

Posted By josterday 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Startup Crash with latest version (v4.09.6617.1 (2022/6/23) - Where Do...

Author
josterday
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Attempting to install and run v4.09.6617.1 (2022/6/23)

Installation appears to be successful. Start/Shortcut icons appear properly after install. Behavior is a brief loading icon and then crash. UI never appears and task bar never updates with icon. Task Manager briefly shows the exe running and then it crashes.Where can I download prior builds to confirm this new release has compatibility issues?

I've tried the following to troubleshoot:
- Reinstalling and rebooting
- Installation as Admin and running as Admin
- Changing local machine name to ensure no conflicts with previous installs
- Adjusting DPI settings
- Attaching/detaching different monitors (in event scaling or resolution is causing the crash)

Also, are there individual installers available? It appears no software can be independently installed without Hub? In this case, this machine is out of service until Hub can operate.

I've filed a ticket as well. Thanks.
Edited
2 Years Ago by josterday
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
By default the Hub keeps saved installers (at least I think it's the default).

In the Hub Settings (to open, click the Gear icon on the right side of the title bar), look for a setting called "Automatically clean up installed installers".

This setting should be unchecked, in which case you will have previous installers. Click the link Installer Location to access the folder with the installers.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by animagic
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
If you haven't made any changes to the Hub settings then the default location for the installers is:

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Reallusion\RLDownloads

The AppData folder is hidden so you need to place a checkmark before "Hidden items" under View > Show/Hide in Windows Explorer.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
2 Years Ago by wires

Reading This Topic