Profile Picture

What might cause textures to not work in PBR shader?

Posted By NinjaMouse 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NinjaMouse
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I'm having texture issues when bringing my modeled clothes into CC3.  In Blender, I baked my PBR textures to PNG format, and exported the clothing model in FBX format. In CC3 (latest version) I create an accessory from the FBX file and convert it to clothes like I always do.  But when I add the textures to the PBR (or any other) shader, there are problems.  The normal maps have no effect--I crank the slider up, but no effect is visible on the clothes.  I tried a TIFF version of the same normal texture, but it did nothing as well.  Also, the base color texture doesn't respond to the adjust color panel (e.g. sliding "hue" back and forth does nothing). The imported PNG version looks fine in the original colors, but can't be changed. When I import a TIFF version of the same texture, the color changes as expected.

Why might my textures not produce normal effects or allow for color changes?  Are there common reasons for this?  It works fine in Blender.  The model is properly UV unwraped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Are you saying the maps show up in CC3 but don't work?  IOW, you select your clothing item and in the Roughness slot you see a b/w map of your roughness?  But no matter how you adjust this it doesn't do anything?

PNGs won't work for opacity (you need to use JPG) and TIFs are always suspect, but otherwise maps in the roughness/metallic/bump slot should work just fine, assuming you told CC that the map you put in the bump channel is indeed a bump map and not a normal map (if you told it otherwise then you need to remove it and add it again).  And remember that FBX does not contain any other maps other than diffuse and opacity - all other maps need to be added manually into CC into the various slots.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
BlueyCreative
This post has been flagged as an answer
BlueyCreative
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Don't save the texture maps in 16bit or they won't have any effect in iC/CC

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

Reading This Topic