Profile Picture

iClone8 no demo assets, content library all empty

Posted By chris9890 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
chris9890
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi guys, customer rep didn't get back to me, so I have to seek help here.

I'm new to Reallusion 3d tools, when I bought iclone7 last year for $199, it contains just enough demo assets from characters, to scene to props to help me learn the rope before I decided to move on to paid assets, alot of free assets from 3rd party artists helped as well, all in all, a great deal. 

now iclone8 came out with a steep price tag of $499, but with tons of tempting new features, I decided to pull the trigger on the CC4+iClone8 bundle to get the latest & greatest, but WOW~~ to my surprise, there's nothing in iclone8 content library, most stuff I used in iclone7 aren't in the smart gallery either. So basically this is an empty barebone tool where I need to buy everything anew?  I downloaded a few free demo content from marketplace, they only show in iclone7 but not iclone8.  Is there some missteps from my end or server end(like database sync error)?? or this is intended? 

If selling an empty barebone tool like iclone8 for $499 is as intended, then I'm truly disgusted by such business model, as if the steep retail price wasn't enough.  Also I see reallusion selling iray render at $99, iray is free opensource tool from nvidia provided free from almost every other software company! 
mtakerkart
This post has been flagged as an answer
mtakerkart
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
May this tutorial from Reallusion can help you :

chris9890
chris9890
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
thanks, all it takes is to create a iclone7 link to pull all my contents, now I can work with all stuffs from iclone7, but still disappointed that most feature in their commercials are paid content, and iclone is still lack its exclusive feature to standout from iclone7. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Do also make sure you have installed all the "Free Resources" in Content Manager. If you select the "Pack" tab in Content Manager you will see Free Resource listed on the left side. You should install all the packs in the Free Resource section to make sure you have all the available content.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic