Profile Picture

Not a happy camper

Posted By jafo01 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jafo01
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Iclone8 & CC4 is a giant leap in animation as far as I'm concerned automating a lot of the process...That being said >>> Their business model is a huge money grabbing rip-off.

At the end of last year and earlier this year They ran a sales campaign stating "buy Iclone7 and CC3 now and get the Iclone8 and CC4 upgrade for free"... SO I bought Iclone7 and CC3 I also bought the CC3 pipeline edition a couple weeks later.. When the upgrade came out I installed them and got a 30day trial so I contacted them asking whats up with that... Their response was that I had to have spent at least $795 to be eligible for the free upgrade, and that I hadn't met that criteria... They hadn't made that clear in the promotion or I would have just waited... I got screwed....
Anyone else have this experience???

Y'all have a great day.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 23 minutes ago
Hi...

I understand your disappointment but the terms of the offer was made clear and heavily discussed on the forum at the time. There was also a link provided so that you could check when you had reached the required expenditure to get iClone 8 and/or CC4 free.

I do understand that these offers can be confusing, but if you were not sure you should have reached out either here on the forum, as you have done now, or to Support who would have gladly helped explain if you had qualified or not. It is not really fair to claim you "got screwed" because you didn't understand the terms of the offer correctly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
The scoring system confused me.....

I thought I had my total for the free CC4 but for some reason I was off.  I made another purchase to make the difference which should have been more than what I needed.... but as time had gotten closer I was still short... So again I made another purchase that should have covered the money short.... yet, I still needed one more purchase.  I did make my goal for CC4... but not IC8. 

One free, one to pay for... didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the price of IC8..... that was more than I paid for IC7.  I don't care that they added 3d exchange, curve editor.... I already owned them.  So... it was like paying for it all over and not getting an "upgrade".  A proper upgrade price should have been no more than 299.00 if you had everything, not 499.00 IMO.   But I wanted the latest and greatest.... so I paid... LOL.  

If I do this again.... I will be waiting until all the bugs are out of the new versions before purchasing/upgrading.... nothing like paying big $$ for the privilege to be a bug tracker.  Wink

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

Jbowdoin
Jbowdoin
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)Veteran Member (991 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
yeah I had to re-read that part a few times,
I  realized what they were saying but that was an odd why to handle that  

Reading This Topic