Should I purchase both IC 8 and CC4?

Posted By rightdecis 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rightdecis
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I want to purchase IClone 8 and will be able to soon. I've been wondering if I should also purchase Character Creator 4 with it as a bundle. I've used previous versions of IClone for a long time. But while I've had the previous versions of Character Creator I've never really used it. Though the new features of the latest version look awesome.

I make my dreams into movies.

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Even if you don't use it, you may not know whether you will need it or not.
You cannot send characters from iC8 to CC3.
But if I'm not mistaken you should be able to manually transfer the character from CC3 to iC8.

With CC4, you can import your special characters. However, I haven't had time to examine how to import special characters in iC8, or how to do it. I haven't seen a video about it either.I guess some features are only available in CC4.

If we look at the cost, if you buy both together, you will have paid an extra $100. You buy it for $90 with a 10% coupon.
If you want to buy later, you may have to pay 200-250 dollars.
(Don't forget to get 10% discount coupon by installing Trial version)

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I would get both. One reason is that the functionality of 3DXchange has been distributed over both IC8 and CC4.

One useful function of 3DXchange for me was that you could create subprops, such as for the parts of a car like wheels and doors. I wasn't aware of it, but that functionality is now available in CC4:

I'm not a modeler, so CC has been a great way for me to create my own unique characters and now there is additional useful functionality.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Jeffster The Mighty
Jeffster The Mighty
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I don't know yet how much I value CC4, but I'm glad I have it. I got it for free by purchasing $xxx dollars worth of stuff that I wanted anyway last year. Does make importing animations INSANELY easy.
ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
You will more than likely need or want the other stuff so might as well get it in a bundle and save a few.

I bought my CC3 bundled.  Even with all it came with, you still want/need more.  Took me a little over a year to collect it all... then I had the privilege of buying the new version all over again this year  LMAO!!!

The deeper you dive in to this software the more you will want to collect BigGrin

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

0oseven
0oseven
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
quote ApplebiteMedia - The deeper you dive into this software the more you will want to  HAVE  to collect .

The whole suite of reallusion programs / plugins is  IMHO a bundle of confusion excepting of course some obvious things like motion capture features you might expect to be add ons..
I would say dont buy CC4 if you dont want to make characters but on the other hand they may have built other functionality into CC4 you might need and not found in IC8.. 
I am still confused as to why they have put limited animation and timeline into CC4 or why you cannot import daz  characters directly into IC8? [ or maybe you can and ive just not discovered it yet  ]   
I understand RI created two seperate programs so you could save on resources though more likely you have both open at the same time.
At the end of the day you end up with both just to cover yourself

ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
0oseven (6/1/2022)
quote ApplebiteMedia - The deeper you dive into this software the more you will want to  HAVE  to collect .

Nice edit LOL.....  I suppose that might be a better term for most, but for me it was a want and not a need.  I did not need 3d exchange but I bought it.  I opened it a few times, it confuses me.  LOL.  Honestly, I really didn't need most of the stuff I purchased.  I got it because I thought it would be fun to make something with it, but I have yet to do anything of real significance.  This is a very expensive hobby for me atm....

I love animation but never thought I would be able to do it as I do not have the patience to sit and draw the same thing over and over just slightly different to make it move.  I started with CA4, it looked easy to make simple 2d animation that would take hours to draw by hand.  And using the purchased content it is pretty easy to get going.  Seeing the ease of CA4, I plunged into CC3, I really like making characters and dressing them up.  Now I wanted to make them move so I purchased IC7.  So far, I have one little video that I am proud of.  Other than that, I have been busy setting up for a little series that all I have are characters and a concept, I have no story. 

So I practice and play, learn to make my own props and some basic clothing in blender (hair is next)... and wait for that story to appear.   LOL. There is so much to all these programs though...... So much to learn. I should stick with one thing and master it but I like doing it all so I guess I will learn what I need when I need it.  Although I might not know what I need.  BigGrin

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
0oseven (6/1/2022)
I would say dont buy CC4 if you dont want to make characters but on the other hand they may have built other functionality into CC4 you might need and not found in IC8.. 

See my post above about creating subprops, which is the 3DX functionality that made it into CC4. Essential if you want to make imported props animatable that do not come with separate parts already.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic