Tips on Windows clean imstall for IC7 & IC8

Posted By jeffkirkland 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeffkirkland
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi folks, I’ve got some serious glitches and crashing going on with both IC7 and IC8 so I’ve decided to do a clean imstall of Windows and put them back. I would just do IC8 & CC4 but I need to keep IC7 on hand for a while to reference what’s inside those flattened animations you get when you open an older project.

My plan is to uninstall all the RL apps, clean install Windows, then put back IC7, IC8, and CC4. 

Just wondering if there are any hidden directories or things that the apps put on the system drive that I might mot know about?  I’m backing up all my custom content and projects (I hope) but don’t want to nuke the system drive then discover there were other folders I should have copied. 

I’m also guessing I restore all the OC7 content, then link that to the newer versions, or is there a cleaner way to organise everything old and new? I’m not the world’s most organised person and I feel like connecting the IC7 files via the new content manager has made that disorganisation even worse. 

Appreciate any tips or suggestions. 

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I don't think there is a hidden directory.
Since CC4 and iC8 libraries are combined, if you want your archive to be organized, I think it would make more sense to take some time and move them to the relevant folders.

If you want, before formatting, go to the Custom tab and start importing your old content to the new library with "Smart Custom Import".
If your archive is transferred properly, you can use the same folder after formatting or do the same process again.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Reading This Topic