Profile Picture

MixMoves in iClone 8???

Posted By wyattparks19 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wyattparks19
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello, 

I remember in iClone 7 there used to be this big library of MixMoves motions, that had all kinds of things like Sit to Stand, Kneel to Stand, Stand to Kneel, a getting in bed motion, etc. If I remember right the menu used to be right there in the Modify panel under Animation. But in iClone 8 this seems to have disappeared. I can't find anywhere else where these motions would have gone to. I still have my MixMoves Communication packs that I purchased, but I think the standard MixMoves motions used to be included with iClone 7. Is all this content really just gone from iClone 8? Or is there some way I can get these motions back? It would be a big disappointment if they really just removed all those great motions. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 
luke (RL)
luke (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Power Developer
Last Active: Yesterday
Yes, you can fix all the MixMoves motions in the Content Manger.
Edited
2 Years Ago by luke (RL)
wyattparks19
wyattparks19
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm not talking about those packs, though. I have those installed. I'm talking about the generic MixMoves motions that were included with iClone 7. You could access them by going to the Modify panel under Animation, and it would be right there along with Motion Puppet, etc. I reinstalled iClone 7 and tried copying the motion files into my Custom folder for iClone 8 but it's not recognizing them somehow. So I do have the motion files now, but I need to figure out how to get them into iClone 8.
 https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f2806bc4-34cc-45f2-aec0-b4af.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f40968ec-510a-4631-8ce5-6aa7.png
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It all can be installed back (if you still have iClone 7 content folders intact),
but with new CM is it cryptic and it gives you all kind of errors when you try to Drag-Drop those older motions into one of 4 Content types what I currently have in IC8.

But I have to make some explaining first, because it might be quite different at your particular installation WhistlingErmm.

So I have "Template" and "Custom" tabs.

1. Nothing can be installed into Template tab manually - only official RL content packs you purchase.
2. Under Custom tab I have 3 sub-custom (as I named them) content types from drop-down:
a. "Default" - Where you save your custom anything from IC8/CC4
b. "iClone7 Custom" - Created when I used "Create iClone7 Custom Link.." - This is read only. You cannot save there and it linked to my iClone 7 Custom Content Folders.
c. "IC7 Custom1" - It's like above and also was created automatically. It got a few things from iClone7 custom. No idea why it was created separately.

Now back to iClone 7 Template motions which are NOT available in iClone8 (mix-moves, Heidi/Mason moves...etc). You should have them in iClone 7 Template folders.
Any attempt to drag-drop them into any of the Custom sub-content in IC8 has failed with all kind of incompatibility errors (which is BS anyway!)

So what I did, is simply copied those motion folders from iClone7 Template Folder into iClone 7 Custom folder.
And Boom! All of them were synced and available now in "iClone7 Custom" sub-content of iClone 8 Custom tab.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/306c12c2-5a3c-4e9a-a161-e5ba.jpg

I suppose one can copy them into Default IC8 custom assets location and it might work - I have not tried.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
They were generic MixMove motions found under 03_CC_MixMove_Male, 04_CC_MixMove_Female and their G5 equivalents.

There are also some other motion packs missing: 01_G5_Motion_Chuck, 01_iClone7 Motion, 02_G5_Motion_Gwynn, 02_G6_Motion_Heidi, and 02_G6_Motion_Mason, unless they are now bundled elsewhere.

4u2ges beat me to it, with a solution.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by animagic
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I had the same problem.
I had to install iC7.
I downloaded the free package and just copied the motion folders and moved them into the Animation folder in the ic8's special folder.
But only motion files work. Props etc. Other assets like will not work.
Then, when I open iC8 and switch to the custom option, it automatically saw all of them, I tested them and they work without any problems.
There are 380 animations there, and most of them are not visible in the Motion Puppet section.

Hopefully with the RL ic8 free resource pack it will allow us to add them to our regular content.
It's very frustrating to look for animation in two different places.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
sungod
sungod
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

I think we need this natively in IC8 without having to install IC7

@Peter
Marty3DGuru
Marty3DGuru
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm sure Motion Director is the new mixmoves replacement.

Having said that I think the legacy walks and animations should be included for older users at least as animation clips to load and self mix with the timeline.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

After all, we have the iC 7 license. It's not really acceptable to have 300 moves disappear because we're upgrading the programs.

If they thought of removing these moves for new users, at least they should have been sold as a new animation pack in the store and given a free upgrade for old users.

In Mix Moves in the iClone 7 archive, there are many moves that are not in the Motion director. For example, getting into bed, hugging the character, lying down, standing up, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Marty3DGuru
Marty3DGuru
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)Veteran Member (507 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Of course I agree.

Reading This Topic