Profile Picture

Create CC3 Custom Content Link Question.

Posted By jbiziou 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jbiziou
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello everyone,

I am upgrading from CC3 to CC4 and wanted to import all my content from CC3.
  I followed the Video to Create CC3 Custom Content Link. 
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgYVOalKD0A&t=118s

But I am presented with this, 
                 *    Additional Character Creator 3 Custom folder(s) found     Please select a unified directory,   *

What is the best way to create a unified directory ?  Could someone please give me an example of what this should look like ?   
I do not want to accidently create extra copies or confuse CC4 or CC3 should I need to use it, 
 thank you 

~ Jourdan ~

Windows10

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 seconds ago
Hi Jourdan

The Unified Directory is used when you have a custom content directory setup. If you don't have a custom content directory previously setup in CC3's Smart Gallery then you can ignore this. If you continue to watch the tutorial from the point linked below you will find this is explained further.

https://youtu.be/jgYVOalKD0A?t=224

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jbiziou
jbiziou
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you Peter Smile 

Ill watch it again, and go through the content setup again ,  much appreciated, 

~ Jourdan ~
Auroratrek
Auroratrek
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Peter (RL) (5/17/2022)
Hi Jourdan

The Unified Directory is used when you have a custom content directory setup. If you don't have a custom content directory previously setup in CC3's Smart Gallery then you can ignore this. If you continue to watch the tutorial from the point linked below you will find this is explained further.

https://youtu.be/jgYVOalKD0A?t=224

Hi, I have the same problem with the Unified Directory issue. I watched the video, but I'm still confused. I think my custom content from CC3 is using the default directory, I don't recall changing that. In any case, it doesn't seem like you can "ignore" the dialog box asking about the Unified Directory, since if you close it, or hit cancel, it cancels the operation. If you proceed with the operation, then it has you search for a folder. Should I be looking for the CC3 custom folder, or some other folder?

On my Youtube Channel: Quest of the Key: Chapter One

Reading This Topic