CC4 clothing will not work in CC3..

Posted By Dorothy Jean 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dorothy Jean
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 hours ago
Hello,
When I package clothing in CC4 and upload it to my backend management, it appears that it cannot be used in CC3, but I can drag content from CC3 into CC4 and it loads without issue.
Because not everyone will upgrade to CC4, I believe it makes more sense to continue using CC3 to upload content to the backend so that it can be used with both versions. I just want to double-check that this is correct, and I didn't miss anything.

Edit** If this is the case, that means we will still have to go into iclone to create and test our soft cloth settings and then bring it back into CC3 to save it just like before. I was really hoping I could take advantage of CC4 and how we can do soft cloth right inside (really speeds up the workflow) but it appears I can only utilize CC4 if I want to import custom characters or make content that is not compatible with CC3....

Thanks,

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by Dorothy Jean
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
If not's too much work or confusing, you could offer two versions in some cases.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
animagic (5/15/2022)
If not's too much work or confusing, you could offer two versions in some cases.

I appreciate the response; fortunately, CC3 clothing is compatible with CC4, so there is no need for both versions. I currently have both versions open and can drag content from CC3 directly into CC4 and it loads up normally. It just doesn't work the other way around.

Here is a screenshot > CC4 on Left, CC3 on Right. I dragged a dress over onto the character in CC4 and I can replace the clothing and it works like normal. Same goes for Avatars, skin, pretty much everything I think.
Basically, the downside is that anyone who sells on the marketplace/content store will still have to use CC3 for making content if we want people who don't own CC4 to be able to purchase it. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by Dorothy Jean

Reading This Topic