CMS won't start in both IC8 and CC4

Posted By ken_1171 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ken_1171
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am having trouble with IC8 and CC4 where the CMS server won't start. Without CMS, the "Smart Content Manager" won't work. I was already having this issue with iC7 and CC3, so this is not particularly new. I could manually start the CMS server in CC3, but I need to know where the configuration folder is. The location where the CMS configuration is saved has changed in CC4, so I don't know where it is. 

I suspect this is happening because I have other programs that use their own CMS servers (like DAZ Studio), and they might be conflicting with each other, even when they are installed at different locations. The CMS in DS won't start either, so I believe these things are related. 
The CMS has only worked the first time after installation, and then never more once I close the program. It was the same with iC7/CC3, where it only worked on the first launch. This proves that it was installed and it was working, but after the first launch, it won't start anymore. 

It keeps asking me to restart the CMS, but pressing the "restart" button does nothing. I am on Win10 21H2 Build 19044.1706 x64 with 16GB RAM. 

Any hints on this would be appreciated.
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

I have tried a clean reinstall of both IC8 and CC4, and got the same result. The CMS server only starts the first time the programs run. After that, I the library has no access to the contents. This makes both programs useless, since contents cannot be accessed. 

ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, I have figured it out. For anybody having this issue, make sure to run both IC8 and CC4 with administrator credentials. This allows the CMS server to launch, which is required by the Smart Content Manager. Hope this helps other users who may run into this issue. 
kiruxa.elistratov
kiruxa.elistratov
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I have a similar problem. But CC4 works fine for me, and Iclone 8 gives an error at startup that there is no Internet connection, but how is this possible? If the Internet works fine. Running as administrator does not help
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kiruxa.elistratov (5/15/2022)
Hi, I have a similar problem. But CC4 works fine for me, and Iclone 8 gives an error at startup that there is no Internet connection, but how is this possible? If the Internet works fine. Running as administrator does not help

I was getting the same "no internet connection" error. I believe that was not the internet, but the CMS server trying to connect to the database, but fails for [I assume] lack of permissions. Just to make sure, I have launched both programs today, and the CMS has worked in both, so it wasn't a 1-time fluke. In your case, if CC4 works, but IC8 doesn't, then it must be something else indeed. Over here, I was having the same issue with both. Running as admin has solved it for me, but chances are you are experiencing something else there. 

On the other hand, IC8 claims to build a morph slider cache when launched, which takes a while longer, and it claims it is a 1-time thing. However, it appears to do it every time, which is not right. I am also having 3D mouse issues with IC8 that I don't have in CC4, which I have posted on another thread here.

These programs have just been released, so I guess it's expected to have bugs that will be resolved over time. Soon, I hope.
kiruxa.elistratov
kiruxa.elistratov
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I cut off the firewall and added it to the exception, but even that didn't help(
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

In a way, that kind of makes sense, since the CMS server connection use the same port for both IC8 and CC4, so if it works for one, the permissions would be the same for the other.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If problems persist please feel free to contact Technical Support using the link below. They will try to help you.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic