Profile Picture

My options never match up with tutorials

Posted By alexsandoval31305 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alexsandoval31305
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello everyone, I am new here and I have to say that I am very unimpressed so far with my cc3 purchase. Every time I try to follow a tutorial I either don't have the option to follow along, or don't have the content to follow along. I tried to find places online to download free content but I cannot find anything. Any time a link says "free content just click this link" I get redirected to a paid site or to the cc4 front page. I am even missing the option to change skin color. When I tried following the first tutorial I don't even have any pre-made characters to choose from. Also, I purchased cc3 with a free upgrade to cc4, but I never got the free update. Every turn it seems this software is shadier and shadier. Any help? Has anyone had any experiences like mine?

new
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi...

Firstly let me say there was never an offer to buy Character Creator 3 Pipeline and get a free upgrade to Character Creator 4. The two promotions we ran involved first spending a fixed amount of $399+ to get Character Creator 4 free, and in the second promotion you had to purchase one of the qualifying bundles from the software store which were clearly marked. There is nothing shady about this. The two promotions were clear in their qualifying rules and in fact a very large number of users took advantage of the special offers.

For your issue with tutorials, it sounds like you have not installed the free resources if you have no pre-made characters. Please install the "Smart Gallery" Plug-in from the Reallusion Hub and then you will see a section marked "Free Resources" on the left side panel. If you install these you should have plenty of sample content to follow along with the CC3 tutorials.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
sungod
sungod
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
alexsandoval31305 (5/13/2022)
Hello everyone, I am new here and I have to say that I am very unimpressed so far with my cc3 purchase. Every time I try to follow a tutorial I either don't have the option to follow along, or don't have the content to follow along. I tried to find places online to download free content but I cannot find anything. Any time a link says "free content just click this link" I get redirected to a paid site or to the cc4 front page. I am even missing the option to change skin color. When I tried following the first tutorial I don't even have any pre-made characters to choose from. Also, I purchased cc3 with a free upgrade to cc4, but I never got the free update. Every turn it seems this software is shadier and shadier. Any help? Has anyone had any experiences like mine?

When did you purchase and what amount you spent ?

Just FYI all got the upgrades free if they qualified or took a specific bundle.
Please share what and when and for how much you purchased.

alexsandoval31305
alexsandoval31305
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)New Member (79 reputation)

The smart gallery plugin is installed
alexsandoval31305
alexsandoval31305
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

This is from the receipt, "
Character Creator 3 Pipeline + Light Studio$179.00

It said very clearly that this would give me a free upgrade to cc4. I only purchased it for cc4, I don't really want cc3. The reason why I didn't wait for I because it made it seem that it was actually cheaper to go ahead and get both. But I have no use for cc3 if I have cc4.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

This is from the receipt, "
Character Creator 3 Pipeline + Light Studio$179.00

It said very clearly that this would give me a free upgrade to cc4. I only purchased it for cc4, I don't really want cc3. The reason why I didn't wait for I because it made it seem that it was actually cheaper to go ahead and get both. But I have no use for cc3 if I have cc4.

The image you include only shows the price of the bundle you purchased. It doesn't state anything about a free upgrade to CC4.

Qualifying bundles generally needed to be $399 or more to get CC4 free. A $179 bundle would not qualify unfortunately. However, please feel free to contact Support who will double check this for you.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The smart gallery plugin is installed

If you have the Smart Gallery open in CC3 you will see "Free Resources" listed on left side menu.

Just click this and it will show all the free resources available. Just double click each thumbnail one by one to download.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

alexsandoval31305
alexsandoval31305
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

So if I read something wrong, is there is a possibility to get a full refund, and trade in CC3 license for CC4 with some money added? It's been more than the 15 days I am sure for the refund but maybe the understand the situation.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So if I read something wrong, is there is a possibility to get a full refund, and trade in CC3 license for CC4 with some money added? It's been more than the 15 days I am sure for the refund but maybe the understand the situation.

I would advise contacting Customer Support and explain the situation to them. They may be able to help.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic