Profile Picture

CC4 to Unreal Engine 5....no improvement???

Posted By GIM 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GIM
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The attached shows the CC4 Camille (just a CC3+ avatar??) exported to UE5 thru the standard process using the RL plugin.
I've done hundreds of CC3 to UE4 and the same old issues with eyes and hair are still there.
For gamey hair it's usable, for hirez cinematics or closeups for human portrayal, no....the same as with CC3 to UE4.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/54e05228-8292-4e07-a7a2-9c21.png
blink.riddle
blink.riddle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)Junior Member (227 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have issues with this as well and haven't played with it enough to say for sure but it looks like it would look closer to what we see in Character Creator if you change UE's lighting and FOV settings around.
GIM
GIM
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanx but those suggestions don't help as I have a custom lighting setup where I can adjust FOV, aperture, DOF, light intensity, white balance, camera distance, sensor size, etc. on the fly and even with all these adjustments the model itself just doesn't look much like the CC version. Also, it doesn't matter what Engine Scale or Material Quality Level or light/materiat tweaks are used. Daz models look fine for the most part and CC3+ models aren't bad with exception of hair, but this CC4 export/import is nasty.
Also, just importing into a default 3rd person shooter template in UE 4.26 thru 5 release still gives same crap results.

Edited
2 Years Ago by GIM
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Ask Rosuckmedia Rob , he did it :

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'm going to shorten this post as I've already written on the whole forum. There isn't much we can do about it.You adjust the lights, you remove the shadows of the hair. The good of the bad becomes a character. RL needs to do something for the character we transfer to UE to be as high quality as in CC.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
GIM
GIM
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Nope, I've already seen that (Rosuckmedia vid)  and no closeup face shots plus all the stuff like this isn't hirez, has terrible shadowing of hair occlusions and just plain sucks for realism.
Thanx for the feedback though.
Edited
2 Years Ago by GIM
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

@GIM
Thank you for your honest opinion.
Then thank God they don't need help.
Greetings rosuckmedia
Edited
2 Years Ago by rosuckmedia
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

The problem with hair cards are mostly "physics" and AntiAliasing , decrease the physics blend and hair looks much better , RL is working on a CC-Setup patch as far as I know.
Have you ever seen really good looking hair cards in UE ?   Groom is unbeatable !

Decrease physics blending to 0,4 or lower and increasing AntiAliasing Quality are the only Tips I have right now 🤪 :  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a481b475-47e3-4292-8205-92e.jpeg
Edited
2 Years Ago by Bassline303
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Bassline303 first of all I have absolutely no words for your videos. You are 1000 times more knowledgeable and experienced than me on this subject. Our only problem is with CC characters.
Otherwise it's not about the videos.

Yes, you somehow adapt the characters.
However, when you say that these plugins work very well, the RL team does not develop on the plugins.
Peter told me the plug-ins were fine and to check out Bassline303's videos.

Frankly, no matter how much you fix it, we have to admit that there is a huge difference between the original appearance of the character and the appearance of the characters transferred to UE.

Also, hair isn't the only problem.
When you work with Skingen, most of them are faint or disappear completely.
Also, when you examine the characters closely, there is still a lot of difference between their facial appearance and details.

Maybe it's not important to you that the characters look better.
However, I need to prepare commercial videos for my clients with close-ups of these characters.
My reason for using these programs is for commercial purposes only.
It really worries me that the RL Team thinks these plugins are sufficient.

The weird thing is that older plugins give better quality results with older UE versions.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thx for the flowers yepkoo 😁 

I never tested the SkinGen export to UE , have to check it.
The only thing I am missing with CC4 is to export Sub-D !

Reading This Topic