Poke-through

Posted By Jeffster The Mighty 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jeffster The Mighty
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
It seems that poke through is a problem that will never completely go away, particularly in action scenes. I'm thinking of going second-skin with minimal accessories. It might make my work look a little sexualized, but what the heck. This is an image of a Genesis character with a V4 second skin application. She's wearing no clothing. The suit is literally painted on.

It would be cool if, for second skin users, character creator eliminated the butt cheek and breast cleavages. I think it would greatly enhance productivity. It would be even cooler if the skin mimicked stretching fabric in certain areas. Heck, why not minimal uncolored clothing morphs period?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9fdd171e-a650-451e-bdfc-254d.png 
Edited
2 Years Ago by jjdigitalgraphics
mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
So "Hide Mesh" isn't working for ya? I know it doesn't always achieve a perfect result but it usually works for me.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Jeffster The Mighty
Jeffster The Mighty
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

It works a lot of times, but I wish the bodies had finer control over the visibility of the mesh. Let's say there is a shoulder poke through. I hide the shoulder beneath the clothing... but the neck is also gone. Now I have to cover up the hole in the character's neck. I can get around this with the opacity map for the skin, but that's too under the hood when it gets to be multiple characters.

Some things should just work. Clothing should automatically affect the opacity map for the meshes they cover. It's 2022.
3dSphinx
3dSphinx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Weird that you can't do hiding in IC7 as well since while animating you will run into poke-throughs. But I know in CC3 if you don't use the manniquin and use Brush Mode you can hide by polygon versus section. So you can go to that area in brush mode make sure your in hide and brush only the polys you need to hide. In face mode you just select polys by dragging and select and set their visibility but brush tab is better.
Jeffster The Mighty
Jeffster The Mighty
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

One more ting missing from IC7 is the realtime vs. frame by frame recording to give it a chance to bake in proper collision and physics. The button is still there, but I don't see any option to record. It's like it thinks it can handle it all on the fly now. It doesn't.

If that feature were there, poke through would be less of a problem.
3dSphinx
3dSphinx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
🤔 can't wait to see what other features IC8 has.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
jjdigitalgraphics (5/4/2022)
One more ting missing from IC7 is the realtime vs. frame by frame recording to give it a chance to bake in proper collision and physics. The button is still there, but I don't see any option to record. It's like it thinks it can handle it all on the fly now. It doesn't.

If that feature were there, poke through would be less of a problem.

You can sure bake soft cloth and physics for that matter.
Rigid Physics is baked/recorded regardless - by default.
For Soft Cloth Check "Bake Animation" in project settings.
Then play whole timeline once in By Frame mode and then uncheck both "Rigid Body" and "Soft Cloth" in Project settings.

And you have all baked. Scrub along timeline and inspect baked animation. Not happy? Fix pocks, enable "Rigid Body" and/or "Soft Cloth" and bake again.

Note: Soft Cloth baked animations are space hungry. If you have lots of cloth/hair and bake all, the project size might grow up to Gig of data to the point where iClone would not be able to save the project.
In which case you'd have to delete Soft Cloth animation clips from timeline manually.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic