Profile Picture

Seamless Release from the Path (iClone7)

Posted By 4u2ges 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Idea.png
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Probably the last tutorial for iClone 7. Hopefully iClone 8 would have redefined Path routine. Or maybe there would be no need for it altogether.

Anyway, I have similar video posted before, but without comments.
And people were having difficulties to understand just what a heck I was doing to seamlessly release from the path in the middle. Hehe

Hope this would clarify...

FYI: I used Rampa's Walky persona to simplify tutorial to get the point across.
If you are actually using those motions, you can just point to the path start and be done with it.
Character would walk along the path and you can break it at any point without much effort after removing the path.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Darren01
Darren01
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
thanks for that very helpful tutorial.
I had given up on using the path as it's fairly useless if you can't detach the character or prop without it jumping back to the origin.
I have used the 'attach to dummy' method, which works ok on props. But it can make characters behave unrealistically as they turn etc.
So I've gone back to transform with key frames in between to keep the character in check.

But this is a good work around a known problem that RL should have rectified many versions ago. I do not understand why RL hasn't addressed such an important issue.
I won't be in a position to upgrade to iC8 for any time in the foreseeable future, so even if this is addressed in iC8, I will be stuck with it for a while yet. So this provides me a workaround to an ongoing frustrating flaw with iClone. Thanks again!

Reading This Topic