Profile Picture

Look at camera issue

Posted By mcmikexx 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mcmikexx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
At the start of my scene the avatar's look at target is the book in their lap. The camera is orbiting the avatar from back to front to back again. When the camera reaches a point where it is in the eyeline of the avatar I end the book as the target and a few frames later tell the avatar to look at the camera.  My problem is that the "look at camera" affects the avatars head movement even in frames outside of when "look at camera" constraint is in effect. The avatar's head snaps back and forth as the camera moves as if the two "look at" constraints are interfering with each other even though they are never active at the same time?. 

Is there some setting external to the "look at" constraints that is causing this, or some way to fix the problem?
4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Setting up "Look At" is a bit confusing. You have to use Release at the timeline (or Set Free button) and create blend section yourself (I use Ctrl+Left Mouse Click to replicate keys).

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
mcmikexx
mcmikexx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)Senior Member (389 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thank you for your excellent demonstration on how to manage the look at feature. Your video was just what I needed to see what I had been missing.
Thanks
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
That is great! Glad it helped.

Reading This Topic