Profile Picture

purchased iclone newest version, and the iclone program is still running under trial

Posted By jesusisgod888777 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

purchased iclone newest version, and the iclone program is still...

Author
jesusisgod888777
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have the serial key and followed the steps to enter the serial key online,which updated the status of iclone of the site.I know that it can be determined that I purchased iclone because of my member status.why is iclone not updating on the hub application and why is it still running as a trial with a trial counter?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Hi...

If you have purchased iClone then you should uninstall the trial version from your computer. Once uninstalled you can then install the full version using the Reallusion Hub. To do this just open the Hub, sign in with your account login details, and your purchased version of iClone will be ready to install.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jesusisgod888777
jesusisgod888777
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)

I did exactly what you said,and an issue came up.For some reason,the hub prevents access to certain file folders when uninstalling the trial version because they must be locked with certain administrative rights,which ,is a big and massive problem concerning installing of a program. what happens,especially after reviewing the problem is the uninstaller uninstalls all aspects and components of a program but does not uninstall all of the components and folders that are restricted which creates a massive paradox in terms of being able to successfully download the purchased version. This is definately not a good way to ensure your program isnt stolen.

I'm going to do a system restore after putting all of the files on a drive.

I didnt realize this would be a problem.I'm currently working on a production and to have a problem where when I purchase a program and expect to start rendering after purchase but have to back up all my work is a little more than frustrating.Please have someone fix this.
jesusisgod888777
jesusisgod888777
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

and to be succint,the uninstaller uninstals the uninstaller itself and then keeps the restricted files and file folders on the computer,which means the program is installed but still not uninstalled and cant be uninstalled because it deleted the uninstaller.You cant download the purchased version if that happens because it'll bring up a prompt saying i clone must be uninstalled and then even if you reinstall the trial it'll only say that iclone is installed in the reallusion hub.NO way to get around that.
jesusisgod888777
jesusisgod888777
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

it required a complete system restore So The problem was fixed,however the developer team should consider that the uninstall 
on the actual reallusion hub is horrendous,it does not uninstall correctly
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
jesusisgod888777 (3/29/2022)
I did exactly what you said,and an issue came up.For some reason,the hub prevents access to certain file folders when uninstalling the trial version because they must be locked with certain administrative rights,which ,is a big and massive problem concerning installing of a program. what happens,especially after reviewing the problem is the uninstaller uninstalls all aspects and components of a program but does not uninstall all of the components and folders that are restricted which creates a massive paradox in terms of being able to successfully download the purchased version. This is definately not a good way to ensure your program isnt stolen.

I'm going to do a system restore after putting all of the files on a drive.

I didnt realize this would be a problem.I'm currently working on a production and to have a problem where when I purchase a program and expect to start rendering after purchase but have to back up all my work is a little more than frustrating.Please have someone fix this.

Sorry to hear you have had problems uninstalling.

The issue is not that the Reallusion Hub prevents access to files and folders, the issue is more likely down to the permission settings on your computer. I have personally used the Hub to install and uninstall hundreds of times without any problems so it's not a general issue or bug with the Hub. We also do not get this issue reported by others so sadly it does seem a system specific issue.

One thing to check is that you logged into your computer with Administrator privileges. This should resolve the problem when uninstalling using the Hub. Alternatively you can always use Windows to uninstall.  Just go to Start > Settings > Apps and uninstall the software that way.

However, if you do encounter issues in the future where the RL software does not uninstall correctly, you can always contact Technical Support and they should be able to supply you with a registry cleaner which will allow you to install again. You shouldn't need to do a system restore when this happens.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic