Body not going through a prop

Posted By bpinonto 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bpinonto
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi,
I have a prop, for example a plate.
The avatar should hold the plate and keep moving.
But the hand goes through the plate. How to avoid that?
Thanks.
Roundtree
Roundtree
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
So, what is the moving source, the plate or the avatar?

If the plate is moving and the avatar is to follow, then attach the avatar's hands to the plate.

If the avatar is moving the plate, then attach the plate to the avatar's hand(s).

bpinonto
bpinonto
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)Veteran Member (731 reputation)

Avatar is moving and the plate follows.
But sometimes the hand goes through the other side of the plate.
What should I do with both of them.
bpinonto
bpinonto
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

The plate should stick on the palm.
I attached the plate to the palm/hand. But sometimes, the hand goes through the plate and sometimes
the distance between the hand and the plate is bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Pq8w9eeOU

What should I do?
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Remove all animations from the hand holding the plate and reposition the fingers in relation to the plate.
I made a short video, it may help you.
BTW, your thread seems to be in the wrong category.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
bpinonto
bpinonto
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you.
That solves many of my problems.

Reading This Topic