Motion clip - Changing direction without using a path

Posted By Kal Media 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
Kal Media
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello All,

I’m working on a walk animation. I know we can change direction using motion path, but I’m curious if there is another way. All I need is a small change in direction (5 to 10 degrees max) mid way and using path seems to complicate things. 

Thanks,
Kalyan
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Did you try to search the Youtube engine with "iClone changing direction"? There are at least four revealing tutorials who tell you everything about it.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Edited
2 Years Ago by argus1000
Kal Media
Kal Media
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you for pointing in the right direction. I should've done a little more research Smile. I did find a YouTube video from Reallusion that addressed the exact problem I'm dealing with. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/grDS6XNvbVk

The video is a bit fast and not so easy to follow so, here are the steps.
  • Place a dummy at one foot contact point making sure the other foot is off the ground (this is critical)
  • Link the character to the dummy, and add a transform key frame which sets the initial angle to at this frame
  • Move few frames until just before the second foot touches the ground.
  • Rotate the dummy by desired angle (To keep the walk realistic, make sure the angle is relatively small)
  • Unlink the character from the dummy.

Reading This Topic