Profile Picture

Pre-purchase Question - Buy now or wait for the newer versions?

Posted By CyberFybrous 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Pre-purchase Question - Buy now or wait for the newer versions?

Author
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,
Was looking at purchasing the $799 bundle which includes:
iClone 7 / CC 3 / Headshot and Xchange (with upgrades for iClone 8 and CC4)

I'm thinking now, should I wait to see what bundle they'll offer when those new versions come out?
Since, as I understand it, they'll be discontinuing Xchange and incorporating needed features into IClone 8 and CC4
then might they be offering up a more pleasing bundle? Perhaps one with Skin Gen included for around that price?

Any thoughts from longer term users who might be more familiar with their pricing/bundle approaches?

thanks!
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I think if you're going to buy it, consider the Bundle v2 version.

I don't think you will do any harm with this package.
After all, you may have to pay the same money or a little more when new programs come out.
Unless, of course, you come across a good campaign or coupon.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)

yepkoo (2/12/2022)
I think if you're going to buy it, consider the Bundle v2 version.
I don't think you will do any harm with this package.
After all, you may have to pay the same money or a little more when new programs come out.
Unless, of course, you come across a good campaign or coupon.

Thx for the reply.
Yeah, that HAS captured my eye. I kinda figure I might be regretting not getting such a bigger bundle down the line.
BUT I see in another post, a screen capture showing the same bundle $100 cheaper last month. Grrrrr.

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

For campaigns, you need to constantly monitor the site.
If you'd come the month before Christmas, you'd be eligible for free CC4 + iC8 with just $800 of content and software purchases (buy whatever you want).
Moreover, everything was 50% off.

Or, 15% coupons were given in Bundle packages last month.

It will definitely be in other campaigns, or if you can afford to wait for a longer time, there may be reasonable prices.

But RL's selling prices are really volatile and you certainly don't know what's going to happen a month from now.

Your current advantage is that you will have both previous versions and new versions, and you will have an extra headshot plugin.

The reason why I recommend the V2 version is that you can have both old and new versions by purchasing too many products.
It looks like you won't have any advantage other than the headshot plugin with the package you mentioned.

It costs $900 if you buy CC4+iC8+Headshot in the spring without taking advantage of any promotions.

Of course, all three of them can be sold together at a more affordable price.

To summarize briefly, the maximum amount you will pay according to the current package when the programs are released is 900 dollars without any discount.

For the first time in my life, a site makes me feel like I'm gambling when I'm shopping. BigGrin

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
newyorkled
newyorkled
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
yepkoo (2/13/2022)
For campaigns, you need to constantly monitor the site.
If you'd come the month before Christmas....

Thank you yepkoo. That was the response I was looking for.
Seriously considering the Complete Bundle v2 now. but,
Yeah, I figure that the current versions of CC, iclone and Xchange are baked into that price. 
The question is, when in Spring will they release the newer ones?
Also, do I really need the current versions after I've already gotten the newer ones? Unless, of course, the newer ones end up being buggy and I need something to fall back on.
Not a serious creator at the moment but I plan to be.

yepkoo (2/13/2022)

For the first time in my life, a site makes me feel like I'm gambling when I'm shopping. BigGrin

Well, that's not fun.
But that's exactly how I feel right now. No surety if buying now is the best deal OR if that best deal is right around the corner or way down the line.

yepkoo
This post has been flagged as an answer
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The best deal was just before Christmas.
I think it might be the next Black Friday time for such a good deal but I'm not sure.

This is important for your urgency to these programs.
You can use older versions on a different computer at the same time.

I have no idea how the new bundles will be and what their prices will be, but if you can afford to wait for a long time, I can predict that you will definitely come across discounted or good coupons.

As a result, considering that you cannot get these programs with a net 50% discount, I don't think you will make an exaggerated loss even if there is a discount on new packages.

I missed the campaigns that included the content with the fees I paid for the Cartoon Animator program.
But there was nothing to do.

I think I'd rather buy it and get rid of it than thinking about it all the time.

In addition, if you have not used it before, join the mail subscription, it should send an extra 10% discount coupon to your e-mail address.
I don't know if it's still running now, but it wouldn't hurt to try

You can also buy DA points.

Every 10,000 DA points ($100) gives you an extra 1000 DA points ($10).
If you buy 1100 dollars of DA points, you need to have 1200 dollars and you can profit from 100 dollars.

If both options are working now, you can get the v2 version for less than $1000.

Subscribe to the mail first and if you receive a discount coupon in your mail, add the v2 version to your cart and apply the coupon.
After the discount is applied, go to the DA points store and purchase as many DA points as needed.
For example, $1100 DA points are required.When you buy $1000 of DA points, you will have $1100.

You can then make your payment with DA points.
What you need to be aware of is that when you buy anything with DA points, you do not have a 14-day right of return.
So if you intend to return it later, you should not buy it this way.

If you apply these, I would like to know the cost result for you Smile

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

yepkoo (2/13/2022)

Subscribe to the mail first and if you receive a discount coupon in your mail, add the v2 version to your cart and apply the coupon.
After the discount is applied, go to the DA points store and purchase as many DA points as needed.
For example, $1100 DA points are required. When you buy $1000 of DA points, you will have $1100.

Yepkoo, thanks! 
But is there a reason to do it in that order?
I just took a look. I applied the 10% coupon which I've been sitting on since subscribing the other day.
Yet, I can't purchase the DA points without purchasing the software as well. 
I imagine there's no reason why I can't buy the DA points first and then add the software to my basket followed by the coupon.

I just wanted to be sure if there was a method to your approach. :-)

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The reason I say this is because I don't know if you will want to buy the products if the coupon doesn't work.
Because DA points are non-refundable.

Of course, in order to get DA points, you have to delete the products from your cart.
They use the same basket.

I meant check the coupon.
But you're right, there was a typo.

CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

yepkoo (2/13/2022)

If you apply these, I would like to know the cost result for you Smile

Happy Day Yepkoo!
When I checked again the price of the Complete Bundle had dropped $100. (Why is that?)
With the 10% coupon and only $900 worth of DA points I got the bundle. With leftover points.
For anyone hesitating over this approach. I purchased at least $200 to begin with so's to be sure that I WAS getting those extra points since they're not explicitly shown when checking out. Sure enough my extra points were there. 

THANK YOU Yepkoo, I'm a happy camper now. 

CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Again, this is awesome!
I paid less than $100 more than I would've paid for the other $799 I originally mentioned. 

But then, relatively speaking, that $799 would've been lowered as well with this approach. lol. ;-)
Edited
2 Years Ago by newyorkled_543566

Reading This Topic