Improved anatomy via higher poly budget

Posted By General Picture Animation 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Picture Animation
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
The facial anatomy and animation of iClone characters have *radically* improved. The artistic quality of my efforts continue to flounder, however, due to anatomical deficiencies in CC bodies. When was CC body anatomy last updated? It seems that it may have been long ago. One key factor is probably the 20K polygon budget. I am asking for a new generation of characters with a higher poly count... maybe 40K.
Yes, I know iClone is a realtime engine. But PCs have gotten faster and more powerful since iClone appeared. If necessary, develop a version of iClone that only runs on higher-end PCs. The crude anatomy of iClone models is holding back quality!Improved anatomy via higher poly budget

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
Sadly although PC's have gotten more powerful, even having 8 -10 standard characters in a scene will bring a lot of systems to their knees.

There has to be a balance if you want to continue to have a realtime environment against software like Daz Studio which has higher resolution characters but is basically only useful for still shots.

However, in Character Creator 4 you will be able to bring in characters with a higher polycount (non-standard characters) and fully animate them in iClone. I think you will find though that even with a top of range system you will run into performance issues once you add more than one or two. That's the problem that game studios are constantly battling and using lower poly characters is still required even with all the latest technology.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic