Profile Picture

What benefits am I getting with 3DXchange

Posted By cstrauss42a 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cstrauss42a
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Over the holiday, I purchased IClone7,CC3, and 3DXchange. My goal is to learn to make short films by doing all the animation and character Creator in RL products and get them in to Unreal Engine. (Also plan to use my really large Daz Assets when I can).

I am just really not sure where 3DXchange is gong to fit into this all, I know it has a purpose. So far I learned to use it to bring in Mixamo Animation and send to IClone. I have recently learned how to use to to do things with some of My Daz Props such as open car doors, and move parts on space ships (Thanks Mike Kelly, you had two really good tutorial on those).

My question is what else will I be using or should be learning with 3Dexchange and how it will fit in to my work flow. (Daz -> CC3->IClone->Unreal(final production). 
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Reallusion have stated that 3DXchange will no longer be developed as a stand alone product and that it will be incorporated in both iClone 8 and CC4. It would appear from what has already been posted that the features will be split between the the 2 programs. Just which features will be included with each of them is not really clear at the moment. The way things stand at the moment it would appear that having a basic knowledge of importing and exporting through 3DXchange won't be a disadvantage, but may not be worth spending too much time learning everything. One thing seems to be clear at the moment is that the ability to directly import and convert SketchUp models will not be included. This may or may not affect your workflow, but it does throw a spanner in the works for those of us who have been using this pipeline for many years. Good news is that 3DXchange 7 will continue to function as expected when iClone 8 and CC4 are released, and exports from it should function at least in iClone.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Warning: Be very careful about the Export functionality of 3DXChange 7.81 Pro.

I have logged three issues against the software back in Feb 2021 and only one has been fixed. The remaining issues can cause anything for parts of the mesh not being exported to messed up materials or UV mappings. 

Reallusion Feedback Tracker Issues:

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
without going into much detail / drama -  it is my firm belief that iclone 7 and 3DX will be collectors items,  and will be very hard to get after ic8 and cc4 come out.

RL has actually been very good to me,  and I've been a long time user who has sincerely and honestly cared about helping them make iclone better - from forum to software ,  not to gain fame for being some white knight fan boy lol - heck I almost got banned once for defending the forum lol, talk about an oxymoron.  -  sadly there is a pattern I've noticed and actually verified on my own research,  and things are changing.  I'll stop there. because I walk a fine line of trying to avoid seeming unappreciative,  and an artist that wants the best tools and loves helping other artists.

so yes,  you want it,  but it may be a while until you understand all the subtle nuances available in ic7 and 3Dx to make the comparison of "What's changed" - 3DX6 is also a collectors item that's near impossible to get now.

im sure this post will also stir up mixed feelings because on one hand I'm helping promote their product, on the other hand they probably want me to hype up their new products - which I know nothing of -  it's a hard path i walk lol.

Edited
2 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic