Merging Clothing Items to bring in from Daz to Character Creator 3

Posted By cstrauss42a 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Merging Clothing Items to bring in from Daz to Character Creator 3

Author
cstrauss42a
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am following this reallusion tutorial :

youtube.com/watch?v=AAT0m-BAPvo

I am trying to bring in some Daz clothing assets called the Divide. 

This particular outfit has backpack that has a lot of attachments to it, as well as a belt and a belt buckle that load separately into Daz. I want to save them in CC3 and my question is this. How can I merge the backpack and the attachments together so when  I save it is all saved together and when I load it on a CC3+ character it all loads as one piece. Obviously same concept for the belt. or ideally merge the belt on to the pants. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Do you want to ever use the attachments separately?  IOW, just because you load the whole thing onto a character do you intend at some point to be able to grab the shovel and use it?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
cstrauss42a
cstrauss42a
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)

Ideally, that would be good, for example the backpack has grenades on it. So if I wanted to do an animation where the character pulls a grenade off the strap and throw it, again that would be nice to be able to do. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
cstrauss42a
cstrauss42a
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you, that was perfect. You covered everything including questions I had not even asked yet. My work flow with this little personal lesson was to create in CC3, bring into Iclone 7 for animation and then to Unreal. And you covered all the Reallusion side perfectly. Thank you very much. 

Side note: You would be a great teacher. You should make some beginner tutorials starting from the bear basic working through advance and add challenges for us to complete. I think we could all have fun with that. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the kind words.

I have taught at college (programming) and while it was rewarding it was VERY tough work (if you do it right you give it all you have).  At my advanced age  I enjoy making these little tutorials and do have a lot of basic stuff on my channel so if you get a chance you might want to take a look as it might cover some other things you need help with.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic