Motion LIVE 2D, Leap Motion Controller, and the Gemini Driver

Posted By pjmcnerney 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Motion LIVE 2D, Leap Motion Controller, and the Gemini Driver

Author
pjmcnerney
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi,

I've been stuck between a rock and a hard place for getting my Leap Controller working again with Cartoon Animator. The latest Leap Motion Driver on Windows (Gemini) does not support the WebSockets functionality that is needed by Motion LIVE 2D. I can downgrade, but I am impressed by the tracking on Gemini.

Are there plans to upgrade the Leap Motion Controller profile to work with Gemini?

Alternatively, is there an API someplace where I can create a socket and feed the data into Motion LIVE 2D from the Gemini API? I am happy to write a translation layer for myself, but I would need to know what is being expected for Motion LIVE 2D.

Thanks and take care,
PJ
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi PJ

For help with this I would advise contacting Technical Support. They should be able to advise about the Leap Motion driver situation.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
UPDATE:

The CTA team will try to do some testing with the Gemini driver soon. Hopefully a future update can then support this new driver.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic