Posted By davood.kharmanzar 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
davood.kharmanzar
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
does CC4 only supports of G2, G3 on Auto importing??
or G8 is on?
Edited
2 Years Ago by davood.kharmanzar
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Since CC3 supports Gen 8 I would assume that CC4 would as well.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ccsmith1
ccsmith1
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)

Will CC4 support 8.1? Thanks in advance
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

They haven't said specifically, but the early reports direct from RL state that ALL rigged bipeds will be able to be imported.  The real question is "what does that mean".  Right now, for example, you can import a Gen 8.1 figure into 3DX (and then into iClone).  That, however, doesn't make it a CC character and there isn't any way to do that.  What we would WANT is for any biped able to be imported into CC at the very least be "treated" as a CC figure in terms of being able to use CC clothing, hair and accessories.  It's too much to expect morphs to work - those are very specific for a certain vertex count and orientation.  But if we can at least leverage biped assets that can't be converted to the CC vertex counts/orientation we can do an awful lot with those characters.

Unfortunately, nothing we've seen from RL indicates if this will be the case.  I think we'll just have to wait and see.

(Parenthetically - I am still hopeful that Gen 8.1 can be supported in CC3.  And thus 4.  The only real issue is texture mapping - it's NOT a vertex count issue.  Thus the RL programmers ought to be able to fix this problem and I will continue to try and remind them of that).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic