Profile Picture

Newbie: Motion Live 2D Under Character List unable to select the gear option in the character panel

Posted By abe_639658 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Newbie: Motion Live 2D Under Character List unable to select the gear...

Author
abe_639658
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm looking for a straightforward 2D streaming solution and so far this has been pretty cryptic. I'm on a trial of Cartoon Editor trying to see if I can do what I need with Motion Live 2D. I've figured out how to get Face 3D up and select it in the gear list. Then below, under character, it's just not an option on the triangle menu selects that completely refuse to open under character. I do have my character selected and am using one that is in the tutorial. Just trying to get this going quick and dirty to evaluate it. The character is one used in the tutorial, I've confirmed it can do the talking thing in Cartoon editor based on voice recording, but maybe I needed to set up more in the character profile or something, but the tutorials/help don't mention what to do if this option is disabled? Maybe missing something obvious as I have no interest in fully learning the software if it doesn't do what I need. Any help with this?

Also while I'm waving my newbie flag, I'm likely looking for a custom avatar. What's the ballpark cost for that, rigged and functional based on some simple designs?
etourist
etourist
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It sounds like you have everything set up correctly. If Face 3D is set up and connected then you need to activate it under the Gear List. If you're seeing red dots, click on the dots to turn them green. You should now be able to activate Face 3D for your selected character in the Character list.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a89dc7d9-4f0b-4ef1-a7b8-cc4f.png

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
etourist
etourist
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
abe_639658 (12/31/2021)
Also while I'm waving my newbie flag, I'm likely looking for a custom avatar. What's the ballpark cost for that, rigged and functional based on some simple designs?

Prices vary between creators, depends on your complexity but for a single angle G3 character with 360 head you're maybe looking at between USD$150-$200.

Alternatively there is a very good Reallusion Content pack called 360 Head Maker that is designed for making all kinds of avatars in the current Reallusion 'College Campus' style for USD$69.00

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
abe_639658 (12/31/2021)
I'm looking for a straightforward 2D streaming solution and so far this has been pretty cryptic. I'm on a trial of Cartoon Editor trying to see if I can do what I need with Motion Live 2D. I've figured out how to get Face 3D up and select it in the gear list. Then below, under character, it's just not an option on the triangle menu selects that completely refuse to open under character. I do have my character selected and am using one that is in the tutorial. Just trying to get this going quick and dirty to evaluate it. The character is one used in the tutorial, I've confirmed it can do the talking thing in Cartoon editor based on voice recording, but maybe I needed to set up more in the character profile or something, but the tutorials/help don't mention what to do if this option is disabled? Maybe missing something obvious as I have no interest in fully learning the software if it doesn't do what I need. Any help with this?

As I know, those options will not show if your profile has been expired.

Reading This Topic