Posted By giannigodi 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone4 PRO - Icon "Snap to Terrain or Following terrain or Off"

Author
giannigodi
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi
Need some help.

My iClone 4 PRO works OK except the following: on the CONTROL BAR no way to activate the "Snap to Terrain or Following terrain or Off" icon. I followed tutorials, manual instruction etc. without any result. So I am not able to use related functions.

What's wrong?

Tks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi,

When you say you can't activate it do you mean the options are grayed out?

The selection is made via dropdown and once selected the option becomes active.

So for example if you load in a terrain from Set -Terrain and then an avatar like Dylan and you choose Follow Terrain, Dylan will follow the contours of the hills etc as you move him about.

If you try this does it not work for you?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

giannigodi
giannigodi
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Tks Peter for the replay.

The terrain option is permantly greyed out. The little triangle is not grey (i.e. it is white) but it is not active.
After your reply I went to the PREFERENCE PANEL and I turned off the GIZMO button and soon after the terrain options started working, instead the Scale Object button is permanently grey. I can change scale/size only in the Modify page.

PC used:
HP dv9000 Pavillon equipped with AMD Turion 64x2 Moile technology TL.52
RAM: 2 Gbytes
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 Driver: nv4_mini.sys
Tks again for your help

Lentamente
Lentamente
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)Veteran Member (613 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If the answer is still usefull to someone: you have to use Ctrl-Q to alternate from the snap to terrain or following terrain tool to the gizmo tool and from the gizmo tool to the snap to terrain or following terrain tool. Since it took me a long time to find that out, I thought someone would appreciate to have an answer to that question.
Edited
10 Years Ago by Lentamente
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"Lentamente (7/13/2014)
If the answer is still usefull to someone: you have to use Ctrl-Q to alternate from the snap to terrain or following terrain tool to the gizmo tool and from the gizmo tool to the snap to terrain or following terrain tool. Since it took me a long time to find that out, I thought someone would appreciate to have an answer to that question."

I didn't know that (Although I very seldom use it). Thanks. Very Useful Post Smile

BTW - Characters automatically Follow Terrain.

1) Select a Terrain

2) Right-click on Character

3) Select; "Walk Forward" in Menu Pop-up

4) select a point on the Terrain

5) Play-back. Character automatically Walks Forward, following the Terrain to the point which you selected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading This Topic