RL pulling my posts on marketing commentary

Posted By GIM 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GIM
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
No reasons given just a forum Nazi at work.
The recent email about getting both IC8 and CC4 for $399 and that not being the truth.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
GIM;
I know it's not malicious, but like the mistakes we all make, sometimes our criticisms can be exaggerated, which may be the reason why your comment was removed. Frankly, if something I wrote will cause misunderstandings, I would like my message to be deleted. I may regret later that I wrote such a message.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

GIM
GIM
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
It's not anything 'malicious', it's a simple statement of fact. They constantly do this and it's all over the web. They take it down here so people will fall into their trap.
My email specifically stated $399 accumaltion would get me both IC8/CC4 and then when on the special page it was only for CC4 with a necessary accumulatoin of $799 for both products.
Regardless, there isn't anything on the content store I need as it's mostly gamer junk and has no useful ethnic derivatives.
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I've been a user and Forum member for over 14 years and during that time I have voiced negative criticism on many issues. None of those posts were removed or edited by anyone of the Forum moderators, while posting I was always careful in my wording - perhaps you choice of words, or the method of conveying your criticism were outside what would could be accepted on a Forum. Remember also that RL own the Forum and host it for our use, if a user breaks the house rules then they have to expect action to be taken by the Forum owner.

Just my take of the situation, without having read your now deleted comments.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

I know the prices are high.
Especially in my country, the exchange rate is high.
However, because I knew that the programs deserved these prices, after a while, I wanted to buy these products by pushing my budget excessively.
This is a really great campaign for those who need content like me.
However, I think there will be good campaigns for those who do not need content.
They mentioned on a few other issues that they will offer affordable upgrade campaigns for those who don't buy content.
I think we need to be patient a little more and wait for the new year to pass

"Qualified for 2021 Year End Treats
Accumulate over $399+ before DEC 31 "

This is already written on the promotion page, there is no mistake, you need to spend at least 399 dollars to win a program, but it is not specified that 2 programs will be given for this price.

If you mean the message below, this is a giveaway for 3DXchange 7 Pipeline users. It says you need to spend at least $399 to get the gift.
This makes you deserve CC4 and the gift

"Users who accumulated over $399 in pre-sale campaign and with 3DXchange 7 Pipeline which purchased before 2021/10/31 will automatically qualify for this gift. Kindly check "See My Accumulated Order" for your pre-sale campaign qualification."

Edited
3 Years Ago by yepkoo
sungod
sungod
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Is this email are you talking about

?
sungod
sungod
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

yepkoo (12/9/2021)
I know the prices are high.
"Qualified for 2021 Year End Treats
Accumulate over $399+ before DEC 31 "

This is already written on the promotion page, there is no mistake, you need to spend at least 399 dollars to win a program, but it is not specified that 2 programs will be given for this price.

If you mean the message below, this is a giveaway for 3DXchange 7 Pipeline users. It says you need to spend at least $399 to get the gift.

"Users who accumulated over $399 in pre-sale campaign and with 3DXchange 7 Pipeline which purchased before 2021/10/31 will automatically qualify for this gift. Kindly check "See My Accumulated Order" for your pre-sale campaign qualification."

The wording could be confusing but its not incorrect by Reallusion.
@GIM I sincerely hope you don't stay frustrated by confusion.
I myself Made mistake on some words and was qualifying for over 799$ for Free Iclone 8 and CC4 but was not qualifying for Elite program 2022 since I had purchased from Software Store some items.
Again it was my own mistake and wording is correct that to qualify for both you have to Spend a particular amount on Content store and not Actorcore or Software for Elite 2022 program.

Now i had to purchase further 300 dollars for qualifying for 2022 program, but at EOD it was my own fault for not reading correctly about these offers.
I hope you find peace over the confusion and make an informed decision now.
Feel free to ask me any more thing about this offer if it still confuses you.

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As sungod said, it is absolutely necessary to read and understand the terms very well.Regardless of the site, if there is a campaign, the first thing I do is read the conditions.

If we follow RL's campaigns well, they actually offer us products at very affordable prices.

For example, the actorcore $145 product was selling for $99 at a promotional price.
Likewise, after adding 2 products with a campaign price of 99 dollars to the cart, I applied a black friday coupon and it was written that I only had to pay 99 dollars.

I was also given a $10 gift for uploading $100 DA points.
Another offer is giving away $10 points for every $49 spent in DA Points (I think the offer is still ongoing).
I got a $20 (2x1000 DA points) gift for spending $99.
In short, the $300 motion cost me only $69.
Yes, I exceeded my budget, but when I compare the money I paid with the products I bought, I don't have any regrets.

Note: actorcore and DA points purchases are not included in the free program campaign, I wrote it for illustration purposes only.

Edited
3 Years Ago by yepkoo
alberto.martinez.ruiz
alberto.martinez.ruiz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

I might play the role of devil's advocate here but I agree on the fact that the wording over the email is confusing, I had the same thoughts than GIM when I read it. Starting with the title:

"Exclusive for you! Get iClone 8 and Character Creator 4 with a secret gift". Where it's already saying "and" instead of "or" which is how is it written everywhere else in the reallusion page.

Afterwards in the mail we find:

"Exclusive for 3DXchange 7 Pipeline Users
With this special deal we invite you to join the WIP Presales offer (accumulated order value over $399 and above) and be the first to receive a copy of iClone 8 and Character Creator 4.
In addition, we’d like to take (...) by offering you this professional Motion Director Theme Pack - Speed Move (value $99) - which is a great companion to iClone 8's Motion Director system to speed up production time."

So. If I read this, it sounds like there are 2 different advantages for me if I own 3DXchange pipeline (quite expensive though). Advantage 1: I can get CC4 AND IC8 if I spend more than $399 (or in other words, usually spending $399+ you would only get CC4 BUT if you already own 3DXChange then you also get IC8). IN ADDITION (as written, so it sounds like in the previous paragraph you already got some kind of deal) I also get the Speed Move Pack "which is a great companion to iClone 8". So, taking into account that it's only useful for IC8 but for $399 in the standard offer you only get CC4, plus the "in addition" expression from before, it all can lead to think that they are giving this extra-help to 3DX7 owners, as it's not cheap, and furthermore, why should I get a plugin for IC8 if I only qualify for CC4?

It's not the first time reallusion makes these kind of super-offers to their members (I myself got a very advantageous deal while ago where I got a 60% discount on many things). Also if you think about the fact that 3dXChange is going to be "assimilated" by IC8 as you can read below, these conclusions make all the sense to me:

"To ease 3D production, Reallusion simplifies their product portfolio by integrating major features from other products natively into iClone 8 and Character Creator 4. For example, iClone 7’s previous Curve Editor (list price at USD $149) and its 3DXchange Pipeline (list price at USD $499) now incorporate into iClone 8."

So to sum up, it's not that crazy to think that Reallusion was making a last move to get more people involved in the campaign and spending more in the store before the year ends. In my case for example I won't even try to reach $799+ on the store (specially because I already have almost everything I need, I would need to go for motion capture profiles to reach that) and Reallusion software is not that useful to me (I don't use it for professional reasons so I get no profit from it). But if I can get both CC4 and IC8 spending $400 I would definitely do it. Also it would sound like some kind of "compensation" for those who recently (before 10/31) purchased 3DX7 but now are going for IC8, as that will render 3DX7 obsolete and useless for them.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I was going to stay out of this but I can't stand it (and RL knows I have a hard time staying quiet :>Wink.

First of all - I read the original pulled thread and, honestly, it didn't have any different information (nor presented in any different way) than this one.  So this either needs to be pulled OR Pete should supply an explanation on what the heck is going on.

Secondly, even *I* am confused about RL's offers.  Can Pete PLEASE provide a decent, clear explanation about this?

1) If you already own iClone 7 AND 3DX Pipeline the offer seems to state very clearly that $399 in qualifying purchases before 12/31 will get you BOTH iClone 8 and CC4.  AND you also get a bonus ($99) pack for MD.  Is this true?  Or do you still have to select one or the other (8 or 4)?  Someone from RL (and Pete is the one) needs to clarify this because other offers seem to say you need to choose.

So -- RL can fix all of this by just stepping in and stating the facts (BTW, I think it's a VERY reasonable offer for those of us owning Pipeline to get both 8 and 4 and a "bonus" and only spending $399.  That's a good offer for almost anyone).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic