Profile Picture

The best laptop for working and rendering with iClone 7.92. I will share my experience with 3...

Posted By sitesazy.com 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

The best laptop for working and rendering with iClone 7.92. I will...

Author
sitesazy.com
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi guys,
My Name Is Mustafa Of IRAN Country
I tested a one-minute animation with a crowded scene full of trees and grass and a character with natural hair and different clothes on 3 laptops with the following features. The character walks and talks and shakes his hand. However, the character is not silent in the scene.
And I came up with some interesting results
In the following, I will discuss the specifications of the laptop and the rendering time of each one, so that it may be suitable for people like me, because I did not see anywhere.

I'm in this one minute movie; I did not use any light. And I did not work on the details, but the character model had the smallest details, such as eyebrows and hair, which made it difficult to move in low graphics.
I did all these tests with the company system
So I came up with a very good idea for a laptop
At the end, I will share it with you
----------------------------------------
Render Options : 
Frame Rate : 30 fps
video format : MP4
Frame Size : HD 1080P (1920*1080)
Frame Range : 3620 frame = 1min
----------------------------------------

Laptop Specifications No. 1
RAM : 12 GIG DDR4
Graphic : 2 GIG NVIDIA GEFORCE 920MX - 62 BIT - GDDR3
HARD : 240 GIG SSD
CPU :Intel Corei 3-6006U - 2 CORE
Rendering time :
It took about 36 minutes with the specifications of this laptop
  Until my one minute rendering is complete and I see the output.
During this period, the CPU consumption was only 15% and my RAM consumption increased to 4 GB, no more, but my graphics was up to 92%.

---------------------------------
Laptop Specifications No. 2
RAM : 16 GIG DDR4
Graphic : 4 GIG GAMING NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960 M - 128 BIT - GDDR5
CPU :Intel Corei 7-6700HQ - 4 CORE

Rendering time :
It took about 18 minutes with the specifications of this laptop
During this period, the CPU consumption was only 15% and my RAM consumption increased to 8 GB, no more, but my graphics was up to 92%.

Laptop Specifications No. 3
RAM : 24 GIG DDR4
Graphic : 6 GIG GAMING NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti - 192 BIT - GDDR6
CPU :Intel Corei 7-10750H - 6 CORE

Rendering time :
It took about 4.5 minutes with the specifications of this laptop
During this period, the CPU consumption was only 15% and my RAM consumption increased to 6 GB, no more, but my graphics was up to 92%.

Conclusion :
I will only present my feedback and experience:
I wanted to buy a 4-graphic laptop but a one-minute movie with 4 graphics; It takes about 18 minutes. This can be annoying. But with Graphics 6 I can render my movie in 4 minutes and enjoy working in the icon environment
I can say that iClone software needs strong graphics rather than strong RAM or strong CPU.
Not suitable for working in heavy environments Character Creator and iclone graphic icons 2 and 4 and does not have a positive result.
 It is a fact. 
Higher graphics are expensive. But for convenience it is a necessity.
I hope the rendering speed will be a little better in Icone 8
I do not want to spend multiple times
I shared my information with you so that it will be useful for you as well
If friends want, I will upload a one-minute video in the next posts
But if someone did not want to upload.
This video is just a test for me and I have no creativity or interest in it
Good luck

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Thanks for your feedback.

For sure a powerful graphic card with plenty of on board video ram is recommended. In fact the GPU is the key component in any system used for iClone.

However, if you are unhappy with the render times in iClone, I'm guessing you have not used many other render engines because iClone is super fast compared to most others. For example I recently rendered a still image in Daz Studio and it took 45 minutes just for a single Iray image. It is also not uncommon with ray tracing engines to take days to render short video clips rather than the minutes it takes with iClone' s build in render engine.

I think it's also fair to say that the laptops you tested with were using rather old graphics cards (960M) or only mid-range cards like the 1660ti). You will find you get much better results with a latest graphic card like RTX 2070, 2080, 3060, 3070, 3080 etc.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
sitesazy.com
sitesazy.com
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Peace be upon you
I completely agree with you
And thank you. The post was great with the points you made.
iclone is a leader among all animation software

Maya
3D Max
Blender
Cinema4D

In my tests, I found that the iClone renders several times faster than the software mentioned.
Iclone is so amazing to me that I am not willing to replace it with any other software
But the rendering speed I saw in the Unreal Engine game engine; I do not know anywhere in the world
I first wanted to record my rendering in Unreal Engine environment; But because of the hassle of transferring characters, adjusting costumes, cameras and lighting, and so on; I preferred to get a strong system and render the iclone itself.
In this case, I can better manage my short film project because I can handle everything in one comprehensive program.
Of course, you can use the Unreal LiveLink plugin, but I had a problem with the 4wheel physics, terrain, or I could not replace the popcorn FX with the effects of something powerful, or I could not change the brightness of the iclone renders with Unreal. Although the unreal rendering speed was higher, I think the rendering quality of the iclone was higher. This is what I realized after testing multiple renderings in two applications
So although the unreal rendering speed of the engine is higher; But I prefer the transparency of the iclone rendering.
Thanks for making the iclone and character creator 

Reading This Topic