Profile Picture

Zbrush GoZ subdivide split body normal bake issue

Posted By habban 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
habban
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
So i have an issue with the Zbrush GoZ pipeline

I want to create a normal bake of the torso i sculpted while also being able to re-import the new morph created in zbrush back to CC3. All i see is eyelashes in the normal texture bake window in zbrush.
Can i somehow pick specific parts to bake normals from, like just the torso or legs?

If i import the characer with the GoZ option and use the split borty part setting it creates a gap/break the link between the body parts when i subdivide them.
This is probably the reason everything i sculpt just import as "cloth" when i import back to CC3, this causes an issue. If i don't split the body parts this doesn't happen. Here comes the issue.. If i dont split body parts in CC3, when i try bake new normals in Z-brush it show only the eyelashes normal bake. The only way to get normal bakes from specific parts like legs/torso/head seperately is to split the body parts first, but then it doesn't import back to CC3 normally as i said.

What do i do here? :o
Hope you can help me so i can further develop my character! Smile

vidi
vidi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Hide all except  Head , and use multimap exporter 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

habban
habban
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)Senior Member (463 reputation)

vidi (11/25/2021)
Hide all except  Head , and use multimap exporter 

Thanks man! This helped a lot. Is there any settings you recommend in the Multi map exporter window?
I realized i had to change some settings to make the normal maps come out properly. I also switched the format to jpeg/jpg instead of .tif (i couldn't find png)

I don't know about the "hide all except head" thing, it didn't seem like i have to do that? But there is different settings you can chose, subdivision level etc.
Is there anything i need to think about or any settings you think is good? I'm new to zbrush.
vidi
vidi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Here are the setting for a proper Normal map 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/672aae5e-662d-4be6-ba23-1a8c.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
3 Years Ago by vidi
habban
habban
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

vidi (11/25/2021)
Here are the setting for a proper Normal map 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/672aae5e-662d-4be6-ba23-1a8c.png

Thanks! It looks exactly like i changed the settings only that i used 2048x2048 instead. Good to know i'm on the right track, thanks for the help!

Reading This Topic