iClone 8 is Arriving: New Features Introduction

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Data Juggler (11/2/2021)
I really do not appreciate your misuse of the word FREE, nor is this a smart model for you.

The use of the word FREE is correct when used in the terms of the current pre-sale offer. For example, Spending $399+ in the software store or content store gets you Character Creator 4 FREE. How else can we put it?

And remember that two days ago you could have spent  $399+ in the software or content store and got nothing free. Ermm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
JIX (11/2/2021)
Any information about the system requirements available yet?!

Detailed system requirements will come later. There is still a lot testing to be done.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Darren01
Darren01
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
yepkoo (11/2/2021)

3- Also, in my country, the dollar has a very high exchange rate. High-priced software is usually arranged by Country's currency. You do not have a pricing policy by country. $599 is an exorbitant amount.

I hope you will adjust your upgrade prices to a reasonable amount.
I can never upgrade the programs with the upgrade fees you set.
It was a big disappointment for me.

Agreed
Australia's exchange rate
1 US dollar = 1.35 Australian dollars

So to buy IC8 & CC4 at the current exchange rate will cost me over AUD$900.....Crying

Edited
3 Years Ago by Darren01
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Peter (RL) (11/2/2021)
Data Juggler (11/2/2021)
I really do not appreciate your misuse of the word FREE, nor is this a smart model for you.

The use of the word FREE is correct when used in the terms of the current pre-sale offer. For example, Spending $399+ in the software store or content store gets you Character Creator 4 FREE. How else can we put it?

And remember that two days ago you could have spent  $399+ in the software or content store and got nothing free. Ermm

I think it's a different issue, your customers here are old customers and have spent hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars.

They had to be privileged for such a major upgrade.
It would be appropriate to define an expenditure area of at least 6 months, maybe 1 year, not only yesterday, but also for the past.
At least, most companies I buy licenses from do it this way.
Currently, there is no difference in spending between your new and old customers. Those who spend $800 get the programs Smile

At the very least, all of the 2021 purchases could have been included, which would certainly have been fair to your customers and would not have lost their enthusiasm to purchase different products.

Yes, I spent a lot of money and I haven't even had the opportunity to use the programs yet.Maybe I should have waited, maybe I should wait until iClone 9, anyway, there will be no difference in terms of payment, right?
Interesting; Anyone who buys iClone 7, 3DXChange, CC3 and Cartoon Animator this month also gets new programs for free.

Never mind the importance of having all the programs.
I made $428 purchases in the last 2 months. Absolutely none of them were needed urgently. I haven't even used any of them. If I had known you had such a policy, I certainly wouldn't have rushed.

A very good plan to delight your new customers. They will both buy a lot of assets and have new free programs.So, do you have a plan to please your old customers as well?After I spent $400 in 2 months, why do I have to spend another $800?I feel punished.

We would have spent the $800 eventually anyway, but not like this.
The product I will buy from now on will be your weekly special discounts at most.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
3 Years Ago by yepkoo
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I would encourage thinking of us as investing in our talent, our hobby, our creativity.  How many people probably ask of you to dedicate a part of you to their happiness.  Well, isn't your art and your happiness important too? 
It IS. Your endeavors deserve to be reached, let others know you are proud to invest in your art and that they should take it seriously.  

Consider that RL is one of the most progressive and responsive companies out there.  They don't set a very high price tag comparatively, and don't set a high learning curve either.  You do not need to spend $ on university to gain understanding of the paradigm.  It is user-focused.
A company like Epic rolls out there engine free only in the name of game-makers returning % back to them.  You either ride someone else's wave or you don't, but Epic itself does not pull you, unless you stand to make a lot of $ for them.  In the forum-verse of UE, mostly it is the community that develops products and finds answers, they do not really come from Epic themselves.    
But, consider how much time and energy goes into all the educational content RL provides in the name of its user-success.  RL drives hard to make their products awesome.

There is much excitement for this release, and if RL profits, encourage it - and most importantly, encourage others to recognize the value of your artistry as well.

pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In Europe, for example, upgrade for Cinema4D cost around $900 with taxes and Cinema4D is also an advanced modeler tool, with modeling tools, UV creation, bones and weight system, advanced rigging , painting system, many things wich are not possible in iClone8 or CC4.

I would not understand you charge $600 without any taxe, more than half of the amount for an upgrade for C4D. I really hope existing users will have access to  an early bird or discount program to be less than $400 for combo IC8 and CC4 during 2 or 3 months.

please dont forget your loyal customers, I’m an iClone user since version5 and CC 1. Fidelity should be recognized.
Edited
3 Years Ago by pgibouin
pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Data Juggler (11/2/2021)

Upgrading to IClone 8 is not mandatory

Completly agreed especially there is nothing new for Cartoon Animator 4 users. IClone 7 will still make the job to create 3D animations to be used later in CA4.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
pgibouin (11/2/2021)
In Europe, for example, upgrade for Cinema4D cost around $1200 with taxes and Cinema4D is also an advanced modeler tool, with modeling tools, UV creation, bones and weight system, advanced rigging , painting system, many things wich are not possible in iClone8 or CC4.

I would not understand you charge $600 without any taxe, more than half of the amount for an upgrade for C4D. I really hope existing users will have access to  an early bird or discount program to be less than $400 for combo IC8 and CC4 during 2 or 3 months.

please dont forget your loyal customers, I’m an iClone user since version5 and CC 1. Fidelity should be recognized.

Have you ever gotten Nvidia to lower the price of a successor GPU for you based on your prior-purchase 'fidelity', if so I'd like to know how you achieved this.
Or, has McDonald's, outside of a "Buy one get one FREE" coupon or special promotion, ever granted you a discount meal strictly based on 'fidelity', as in they remembered you, specifically as a prior purchaser, eating there before, so they gave you a discounted-meal...I want to know this too!
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Incredible features. I’m curious what this will mean to render time. It’s been a strength of iclone although without much pizazz to the render. The last few updates have really increased render times to the point where I missed a deadline on a 48hr film with many short scenes taking 30/45mins to render less than 60secs of animation. Particle fox and water killed it. Very very curious if there will be enhancements closer to what we see with Unreal????

Oh one other thing…

TAKE
MY
MONEY!!!!!

SmileSmileSmile

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hello, I have a quick question will this feature still be added, one of the most important to get a better render from inside iClone.
Enhanced TAA for Animated Render

There is no mention of it t in any of the posts so far, and congrats on the new release of iClone 8 looking forward to working with the new improvements.
Thank you.

Warped Reality VFX.

Reading This Topic