Posted By sikiruikhun 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Animation previews are OK but in-game they are messed up

Author
Question.png
sikiruikhun
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
[SOLVED] I just forgot to add the Default slot in Animation Blueprint Blush killl me! Leaving the solution just in case anyone has the same issue in the future.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/45db1377-948f-4749-9632-8adb.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ORIGINAL POST]

Hi guys! After playing several hours trying to fix this issue with no avail, I'm posting this here just in case someone can figure it out.

I have a custom character created in CC3 and have exported/imported it with the following options:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a3902e0e-49ca-47df-a15d-4193.png

After importing everything into unreal, using the ThirdPerson template, I have done an animation blueprint retargeting using as target the imported character from CC3.

This works great and I have my character walking/running without any issue in the level. However, when I try to play some animations created for UE4 default mannequin, they do not play correctly.

When I retarget the animations to my character, they play without any issue in the animation preview. However, when I try to play an animaton montage in game (just a small setup based on Input Left mouse click -> Play Anim Montage), it seems there are issues with the root motion or similar and they do not play correctly. Here's an example:

This happens when I use both in place & root motion animations.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Any idea what might be happening?

Animations from original template work as expected (even some custom ones such walk & run added as blendspace in animation blueprint as shown in the video) but not the ones using anim. montages.

Edited
3 Years Ago by sikiruikhun

Reading This Topic