Profile Picture

Has CC3 a way to apply weight o gravity to dresses and hair?

Posted By Vektorsoft 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Has CC3 a way to apply weight o gravity to dresses and hair?

Author
Vektorsoft
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi there, I'm just beginning with CC3 and currently following several tutorials in order to apply the fundamentals.
However, there are few aspects I don't know how to answer, and it seems that is difficult or maybe it is solved in a different way or using another software.
So I put this question here, and maybe some of you could deliver some wisdom  and tell me what should be the best approach:

I have a model using a long hair and a full-body suit.
It looks great except the hair does not fall gracefully over the avatar shoulders, instead the hair is rigid , like it was blowed by wind.
So far I understand, the hair is 'solid' , but we could modify it since CC3 provides some tools.
What would be the best course of action?

Something similar I have with the dress, which becomes evident in few poses. The dress does not respect gravity law, like it is made with paperboard.

How do you usually solve this behavior in the day by day work?
Has CC3 some tools to sort this behavior or at least to handle it gracefullly (or some way improve/mitigate it?)

Is there any workaround or suggestion to improve this behavior?

Any help will be inmensely appreciated Smile

wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
It is possible to create and edit the weight maps for clothing and hair in CC. 

A brief description is given here in the user manual.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Vektorsoft

Character Creator doesn't have a physics engine so you can't see the results of physics on the clothing and hair. To be able to see the effect of physics you will also need to have iClone 7. You can then send your custom character to iClone 7 from CC3 where you can animate the character, while at the same time displaying the realistic physics effects of clothing and hair.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Vektorsoft
Vektorsoft
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction!!!!
Vektorsoft
Vektorsoft
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Excelent! thanks for your help,
I hope to post some progress here to answer my own question.

Reading This Topic