Profile Picture

Attached Props Mysteriously Moving.

Posted By schming2 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
schming2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

I’ve attached eye sockets to the head bone. I then attached eyeballs to the same bone so I can move them inside the eye. Animating the eyeballs works fine. If I don’t animate the eyeballs or eye sockets but add a library motion to the character the eyeballs still move a little inside the sockets. How do I stop this? And where in the manual would I find an answer? Thanks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Which motion clip are you loading that causes this issue? This is important because in Cartoon Animator 4 you have three types of animations that can be added to the character. Motion clips affect the body only, Face clips affect the face only, and Perform clips can affect both face and body.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

schming2
schming2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hi. Its a perform clip. The custom sprite eye sockets are attached to the head but the custom eyeballs prop are just linked to the head. They’d still move? I’ve animated the movement out. 

And while I’ve got you here, is there a way to layer a prop, a character’s shadow, so it’s always behind the other layers? I can move it back but I want it more forward but then it’s in front of the other layers. Where in the manual does it talk about this? Thanks for reading this.

Reading This Topic