Profile Picture

Anyone know if this card is worth anything?

Posted By ApplebiteMedia 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Debbie,

It's better to approach it from a budget perspective -  truth is the spending can get ridiculous when going for the best / fastest / biggest.  - my dream computer is priced at 15k ...and that was staying conservative lol.  - my dream computer can stay in my sleep,  reality is my 1070 still renders beautiful images lol. 

If you have a fixed budget number, then it's easier to say the best parts you can get for that budget instead of just telling you the best parts,  which you may not need for your projects.   

you should also give us an idea of how you plan to use iclone -  for example,  I do a lot of compositing -  so I don't have a pressing need to over power my computer to render everything at once,  I render in pieces and assemble in my video editor.  but not everyone works the same, and some require more power to render more characters and props in one scene.    so for examples,  how many characters do your scenes need ?  how many proprs will you use,  how large are those props ? how long were the segments you were planning to render ?  ( in general the shorter / simpler the better  and more stable but if you want larger then you need more power )

Edited
3 Years Ago by planetstardragon
ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Planetstardragon - no, my card is not bad. But I was informed in the beginning from Reallusion that there were issues with the Radeon RX580.  It still works, but I did get the iRay textures that the Nvidia will work better with.  Another reason I was thinking 12 GIG to add more to the processing vs the 8 GIG even though faster.  That is where I get confused or maybe that is only an option for CPU processing.  In any case... no, I do not let it stop me from doing what I need to do, time does that.  Never enough in a day anymore.

AutoDidact - I get the ease of the digital era... yes, it makes life simple.  But for me, I liked that work.  Some things are not for everyone....  like I am leaving the bakery... this is not the bakery for me.  I get stuck with pastry... I am not good at it and will never be because I have no interest in pastry.  Others love pastry and would rather do that than bake.  Me, I am a baker.  That is my joy in the bakery.  As another example.

Hi Debbie... if you are game... systems are pretty easy to put together and you can get what you want much cheaper than buying a built system.... For processors,  I went from an i5 to an i9 which was a vast improvement.... Although I hear the i7 is pretty good and from i7 to i9 was not worth the price tag.  But that was over a year ago so... not sure what generation they are on these days.  Mine is a 9th gen.  Ram... the more the better... so sorry I got a motherboard that maxed at 64gig. But I was just editing video when I built this so it was fine... still is good but I would like to double it.  But as Planetstardragon stated, best to stay within your budget, you can always upgrade parts as needed.  That is my issue atm... deciding the best product for my budget.  And maybe waiting till black friday to see if anything comes down and if not, I will have more to play with by then LOL. But if you are looking to buy a complete system... I would think that a decent gaming system would have enough power for this software.  If you plan on buying the iRay plug in be sure the system has Nvidia in it.  Really my only reason to upgrade.... the speed will just be a bonus since I am upgrading.

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

Edited
3 Years Ago by ApplebiteMedia

Reading This Topic