Updating MacOS to Big Sur

Posted By thomasway 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thomasway
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)Veteran Member (500 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
What is the best way to transfer Mac CTA 4.5 over to a reformatted hard disk?

I'm updating a 2020 iMac from Catalina to Big Sur and I reformatted the internal disk to start fresh. I have successfully installed numerous apps but when I copied over CTA it appears in trial mode and there is no place to insert my serial number. I had also copied over all my content (Library) into the Reallusion shared folder and under the Help menu there is an option to Activate Entire Library but that option doesn't seem to work - it says it could take a long time but the progress bar showed nothing after 15 minutes so I quit out.

There is also an Activate Purchased Items under Help. I did that and it said everything was Activated -- but it wasn't.

Last time I did this (upgrading Mac Mojave to Catalina) I downloaded and ran the installer from scratch but then a lot of my content got screwed up - everything required a fresh download via the Hub whenever I wanted to use it for the first time. I would like to avoid that if I can.

Any suggestions?
phil_78
phil_78
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This probably won't help, but my general guideline is not to upgrade OSX unless I have a specific compelling reason to do so.  Free and new isn't a good enough reason, imho.   When I do upgrade I always fresh install the new system on an external drive where I test my most used apps one by one.  If anything goes wrong on the test drive, my main drive remains untouched.  
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
thomasway (9/29/2021)
What is the best way to transfer Mac CTA 4.5 over to a reformatted hard disk?

I'm updating a 2020 iMac from Catalina to Big Sur and I reformatted the internal disk to start fresh. I have successfully installed numerous apps but when I copied over CTA it appears in trial mode and there is no place to insert my serial number. I had also copied over all my content (Library) into the Reallusion shared folder and under the Help menu there is an option to Activate Entire Library but that option doesn't seem to work - it says it could take a long time but the progress bar showed nothing after 15 minutes so I quit out.

There is also an Activate Purchased Items under Help. I did that and it said everything was Activated -- but it wasn't.

Last time I did this (upgrading Mac Mojave to Catalina) I downloaded and ran the installer from scratch but then a lot of my content got screwed up - everything required a fresh download via the Hub whenever I wanted to use it for the first time. I would like to avoid that if I can.

Any suggestions?

Hi...

Trial versions can't be registered to make them full versions, so you need to make sure you install the full version instead. The best way to do this is using the Reallusion Hub. You just need to sign into the Hub with your Reallusion Account and all your purchased software will be available to download. If you don't have the Hub you can download it below.

https://www.reallusion.com/hub/

Please Note: You will need to uninstall the trial version first. This is very important.

https://kb.reallusion.com/Product/52815/How-to-uninstall-Cartoon-Animator-4-Trial-related-program-in-Mac-version

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic