Profile Picture

Lip Sync Animation Contest WIP entry 3: Scatman

Posted By WGOKU 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
WGOKU
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
With less than 48 hours before the competition closes i decided to challenge myself to try to create another animation entry into the contest :
Will i be able to do it lets see.....

This time we recreate the scatman song with the following lyrics:
Lyrics:
Video:

Everybody stutters one way or the other
So check out my message to you
As a matter of fact, I don't let nothin' hold you back
If the Scatman can do it, so can you
Everybody's sayin' that the Scatman stutters
But doesn't ever stutter when he sings
But what you don't know, I'm gonna tell you right now
That the stutter and the scat is the same thing
Yo, I'm the Scatman
Where's the Scatman?
I'm the Scatman

Steps to creations:
Step1- Create a Metahuman that resembles the scatman
This step was straight forward as per all my other entries just try to match the Image to Scat man as best as i could making sure to get his Moustache.
I then set up two lights in Ue4 behind and in front of the characther and made the scene black and white with a Vignette effect to give it an old look.
Perfect Scene set up now for animations...

Step 2- Create the Viseme track using Acculips
This took me about 2 hours to do...
Once these were created i basically just did a live link directly and recorded using take recorder in unreal engine...

I then just used the movie render que to render out the scene and Viola in less than 6hours i manage to do itSmile 

1 hour- Create metahuman
1-hour set up lighting and scene cameras
2 hours- use acculips and correct all visemes and add few facial emotes via keyframing
1 hour -render out scene and compile video
1 hour- Upload to Youtube and contest page and update WIP thread

final video:

Edited
3 Years Ago by WGOKU
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
BigGrin

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Reading This Topic