Profile Picture

Making a music video -- is there a way to play the music AND record facial animations using motion...

Posted By jfjs75 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Making a music video -- is there a way to play the music AND record...

Author
jfjs75
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Basically the title... I'm trying to find a way to make a music video with this program.  The one hurdle I'm hitting is wanting to record the face in time to the music -- I've got the motion live facial mocap plugin, but when I try to record, it turns the music off, so I can't time the recording.

I know I can use the automatic lip syncing, but i don't have just the vocals, so it tries to sync the lips to the music, not the vocals, which is frustrating.  

Thanks!
OldschoolAnimator
This post has been flagged as an answer
OldschoolAnimator
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm doing something similar with my project. What I do is have something like audacity playing the voice clip in the background while cartoon animator 4 is setup to record.  You might have to use headphones for this.  I just set cartoon animator 4 for 1500 frames in the project window and then when the appropriate point comes up on the music, hit record. Later I'll go back in trim the animstion and drop in the audio to my animation, adjust the timing and then save that project with the audio embedded.
Edited
3 Years Ago by OldschoolAnimator

Reading This Topic