Profile Picture

How to make character with animated features

Posted By smartelligence 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
smartelligence
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, I'm new to CC3 and this maybe a noob question, but I looked at the YT tutorials, searched the forum, asked the Google Gods and didn't find the answer. Maybe I took the wrong search terms...

So here the question:
- I'm planning to create a futuristic character which has blue lines running around the face.
- I know that I can make them with the SkinGen Plugin and some custom maps

But the blue lines should actually be animated (like different shades of blue pulsing) throughout the animations.
Is this possible in a CC3/iClone-Combination or must this be done in a different tool?

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
You could try using the glow map and making a black background with just the lines showing. You have to animate the glow map on the time line.
On timeline1 the glow map could be 100. Then on timeline 100 the glow map could be 50. Then on line 200, slide the glow map to 100. And on line 300, slide the glow map to 50 again. That way you could animate the lines. 
If you highlight the little key that appears, you can copy it and paste it on the timeline for the glow map to go up. Do the same thing to the keyframe for the glow map to go down.
There is a turntable in the project section that has animation on it. All they did was turn the table manually about 1/10. Then they clicked on timeline 150. They did that all the way
to time line 1650-1800. When you press play, the turntable turns at an even speed. 
The glow map will pulsate when you animate it.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f3b6a757-a616-4f70-8f16-7902.jpg
Edited
3 Years Ago by michaelrbarton

Reading This Topic