Profile Picture

rotating a character in cartoon animator 4

Posted By hondariderf2 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hondariderf2
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello Smile
I am looking for a way to rotate G3+360 characters in CA4, but cannot find a way to do this except the hip flip button (which does not allow me to do a left-facing-right transition, for instance). I saw tutorials in crazytalk animator 2 where it is very easy to do such rotations of G2 characters using the [ and ] keys, These do not work for G3+ characters however.
Is there a way to rotate characters in CA4 that I did not find, or am I missing a tutorial?
Thanks in advance!
Thomas
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Thomas

You can still fully rotate characters 360 degrees in CTA4 but only with G2 characters. This works the same as it did in CTA2.

With G3 characters most come with three fixed angles. That is front facing, side facing and 45 degree angle. You can easily switch between these angles when animating or you can simulate 3D motion using the new 3D to 2D Motion Tools. This doesn't allow you to fully rotate the characters but does give a good illusion of smooth 3D motion.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic