Profile Picture

Suggestions on how to cut and paste MoCap Pack moves

Posted By imorphic 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
imorphic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Just starting to learn Iclone7, I purchased the Glamorous female moves Mocap motion pack.
I am wondering how hard would it be to choose parts of different moves from the pack and then blend them together into one fluid motion clip.
Is this some thing that can be done relatively easily?  I guess the hard part would be blending the different movements together?
I have learned to cut out sections I do not want and place pieces I do want next to each other in the time line.
I would like some suggestions on how to go about blending the two movements together, and how difficult this will be?
Are there any Iclone tools that would be helpful in achieving this?
One guess I have is maybe use the direct puppet, and create a transition moment, between the two pieces of movement i want to blend, are there any work flow trick or tips to doing that successfully?
Thanks
Edited
3 Years Ago by imorphic
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
You can save 2  or more motions by left clicking mouse and drag on collect clip to the end of your clips. Then right click on blue collect clip and save in motion folder or motion plus folder if you have gestures and facial expressions.
You can create your own poses too, by shortening clip to 4-10 frames.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0ffb91a9-fb20-48c1-90d7-b7eb.png
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There might be some tutorials on this, but I'll just try to cover the most important tools for blending two motion clips: "Align" tool and extendable "Blending" portion of the second clip.

First you want to space 2 clips and slide blending portion of the second clip to the end of first.
"Align" is where you right mouse click on the second clip and use Align tool to align character to the selected limb.
In other words selected limb at the beginning of the second clip assumes the coordinates of that limb from the last frame of the first clip without disturbing overall pose.
In most of the cases you would want to align to one of the legs. Smooth transition for limbs other than legs is taken care by Blending portion of the second clip (it should be long enough).
But legs would most likely slide along the ground in transition. That is why securing at least one of the legs is crucial.

So once you aligned second clip to right or left leg, you might need to create a proper transition for other leg (it might still be sliding) and/or for other limbs.
To do that, you'd have to create a key at the end of the first and at the beginning of the second clip and merge 2 clips.
Now the space between 2 keys is your Blending motion. In between those 2 keys you can do whatever it takes to smooth motion further.
Like create a small step for the other leg to overcome sliding and possibly do some minor tweaking of the other parts.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 minutes ago
I often use this technique:
open "Edit Motion Layer", go to last frame of your 1st clip and select "set as default".
Now drag your 2nd motion directly next to the first one without transition and select "default" at first frame of 2nd clip.
This will adopt the motion of end first clip. Now move further into your second clip and select "reset",
This will reset the original pose of second clip. You can slide back and forth that reset key to check where it would fit best.
You can use this technique wherever (not just end/start of motion) you want, just play around, it's very handy.
If you want to loop some motion that way you can copy start key to end key.
When needed, additionally use align as described by 4u2ges...

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

imorphic
imorphic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for those reply's.   I am going to try to see if I can follow those instructions and learn those techniques.
I will spend at least to day on it , and may need more time to get it working, I will post a follow up to share my experience and
or, ask more about the techniques.

Reading This Topic