iClone Toon Shading in 2021

Posted By General Picture Animation 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Picture Animation
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
In case anyone is interested, I've made some progress on my production values in iClone. I'm rendering high-resolution: (1) flat-cel-shaded, and (2) more normally with a point light. I processed (2) to greyscale, and posterized it enough to pick out the highlights against black (as you can see in the final frame). Finally I composited (2) over (1) with low opacity. Voila, cel shading with cel lighting. Ignore the wretched video compression; the original video is 2160 pixels tall and looks fab.

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 
Edited
3 Years Ago by hicksight
davidmaximo
davidmaximo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)Veteran Member (732 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
that looks fantastic, what do (1) and (2) look like separately?
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
(1) Looks like the character without the highlights. (2) Looks like only the highlights, as shown in the last frame of the video.

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 

Reading This Topic