Import the animation only of an FBX (not the mesh) in iClone

Posted By bentway23 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Import the animation only of an FBX (not the mesh) in iClone

Author
bentway23
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm trying to apply an animation recorded in Rokoko to a character (from CC3) in iClone. When I import the animation into 3DXchange, though, it brings in a skeleton-y looking mesh, and when I "apply to iClone" it replaces my character with this skeleton-y looking guy. How can I transfer only the animation from my mocap and not replace the mesh?

(Also, since my question about how to apply Rokoko face capture to a CC3/iClone character has yet to be answered, I'll mention it here--how can that be done without using hundreds of dollars of plugins? When I import the facecap FBX I just get the floating green Newton head with no export options.)
Amper Sand
Amper Sand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Do not "Apply to iClone", use Export menu instead, and there select only animation.

bentway23
bentway23
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This, sir, is why you are a "distinguished member." Worked like a charm--thanks!

Reading This Topic