Profile Picture

How to applly Rokoko face cap in iClone 7 (Not using live plugin, just the fbx exports)

Posted By bentway23 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to applly Rokoko face cap in iClone 7 (Not using live plugin, just...

Author
bentway23
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
How can this be done? The closest thing I've found to a guide/tutorial involves going through Blender, but theoretically an .fbx should be able to be used directly (as in Unreal), correct?
Wonder Nexus 3D
Wonder Nexus 3D
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Heya! Did you find an answer to this? I am mucking about in the rokoko studio and i have this pre-made motion capture that also has the face capture included. So i went to the exporter button in the bottom right and when it exports it exports it as two files, the body motions and the face motions seperate. I then imported the body motion into 3DX change 7 and then used the apply to iclone 7 button. Work a charm. But how does one now do the same for the face motions??

Thank you
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Can't be done - apples to oranges.

Facial animation in iClone is morph based.  The FBX in Rokoko would have to match up to this and would require someone to write software to do this (so, I guess it CAN be done if you want to write some code - my own coding days are LONG behind me).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
bentway23
bentway23
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)Senior Member (277 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The answer to this is the same answer to 99% of questions about iClone: no, unless you give Reallusion another couple-hundred dollars for yet another add-on (and even then it won't work with the Rokoko suit, just their own stuff). The only way to get face capture into iClone is through iClone's own iPhone app--which means purchasing both the motion live plugin and the face model for it.

Reading This Topic