Daz to 3DXchange to CC3 to UE4 animations do not work

Posted By GIM 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GIM
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've been using CC3+ Pipeline characters and motion files for the last year in UE4 with very few issues. As CC3+ transformer doesn't import anims from Daz so I trial'd 3DXchange and found that importing Daz character anims and splitting them will allow use in CC3+ or IC but these anims don't transfer to UE4 from CC3+ using the standard export/import plugin based method.
I found that the only way to get a daz anim to UE4 thru the 3DXchange pipeline was to load the anim in IClone and then transfer the character to CC3+. The caveat being that this process would ONLY work if the Daz timeline was 60 for Total field at 60FPS. Nothing else would work which is limiting in the extreme to say the least.
As is usual with RL their Kai YT tutes only go 80% as they show getting the anim/poses to CC3 thru the pipeline but don't show anything further. I've spent 3 days searching but have still found nothing on this issue.
Anyone got any feedback on this?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 35 minutes ago
Hi...

If you convert Daz animations to iClone rlMotion or iMotion format then they can be exported using CC3 just the same as native iClone motion clips.

What is the problem you are having with this process? Please can you explain the steps you are taking to convert and save the animations in iClone. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

GIM
GIM
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

This RL vid on Youtube exactly as outlined:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AnfSUVWkls
I've tried numerous poses/anims in Daz from Daz's own to several high end 3rd party assets, all with same results, no import into UE4 unless I follow the previously outlined steps which weren't documented anywhere.
On another note, there are numerous issues with bringing poses/anims from Daz to CC3+ using Transformer.
I've been importing/exporting to UE4 from CC3 and Daz for several months now. Only when I bring 3dXchange into the mix does the process break.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a599390-5777-4d8b-bb7e-3e93.jpg
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 14 seconds ago
GIM (8/19/2021)

On another note, there are numerous issues with bringing poses/anims from Daz to CC3+ using Transformer.

CC3 does not import animations

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

GIM
GIM
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just a copy/paste error.

Reading This Topic