Posted By armondtanz 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

When i apply cloth physics, Cloths just keeps falling off body

Author
armondtanz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I must of missed something??? 

Been messing around with CC3 and iClone. Following Youtube tutorials etc.

Ive transferred a character fromDAZ to CC3. Imported the guy to iClone.

When i add physics to the cloth and press play , the clothes just fall off....
Im hoping sum1 is chuckling to themselves thinking this is a rookie mistake.
Much appreciate the feedback BigGrin 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b3913a5-1573-44b1-8c18-6bf2.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7c5286d1-fad5-42e4-b99b-a6b8.jpg
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
In the content tab navigate to Prop > Physics Props and add the Infinite Plane to the scene, there is also a Floor prop that can be added instead.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Hi, I just added the floor plane and the robe falls off and now lands on the floor Hehe

Im just wondering , because its a robe its just falling off? Like its just cloth wrapped around the guy?
But then im thinking , what about womens strapless tops? or skirts? Surely they are similar? 
Its starting to bug me why this is just fallin' off everytime i press play when i walk....Crazy
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Do you have a physics weight map for the robe? 

The way that works is that on the weight map the part of the cloth that's stationary (the top part) is black with the part that swaying being progressively lighter.

Now this depends on how the cloth is laid out in the 2D plane. So if you look it the diffuse texture, what part seems to be the upper part?

Sometimes the material is all over the place in which case you can't use physics and have to turn it of. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (8/19/2021)
Do you have a physics weight map for the robe? 

The way that works is that on the weight map the part of the cloth that's stationary (the top part) is black with the part that swaying being progressively lighter.

Now this depends on how the cloth is laid out in the 2D plane. So if you look it the diffuse texture, what part seems to be the upper part?

Sometimes the material is all over the place in which case you can't use physics and have to turn it of. 

Hey... thanks. Yea i finally found some mike kelley stuff and sum reeeally old iclone 6 intro to weight maps. 
Think i chose the hardest item ever. A robe wrapped around the guy... 
It is a real dufficult uphill way to learn about all this. At rhe moment i got 10-12 chrome tabs open all with diff tuts on. 
Amazing to learn that a simple gradient B/W jpg can give a dramatic look. 
Ok cloaks next, hair, collision objects... then the whole physics shebang Wink

Reading This Topic