Activating link is throwing my character to the other side of the map

Posted By tattoosbyjimmyscott 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Activating link is throwing my character to the other side of the map

Author
tattoosbyjimmyscott
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi guys. Hoping someone can help. It’s probably a silly little fix that I have overlooked but when I activate link it throws my BP character to the opposite side of the map.
Is there a way to keep it where I want it without having to move it miles in iclone?
It only happens with a couple characters.
oisilener1982
oisilener1982
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It would be better if you record the problem, upload to youtube and post it here
GIM
GIM
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I had similar issues and found that if the iClone_Origin point was below a surface or touching an object just slightly it would throw the linked character in random places. I couldn't find any accurate info from RL (no surprise there) and only found this one RL vid skimming over the point.
https://youtu.be/CXhq5SN7xFo

onewone
onewone
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)Junior Member (136 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Generally, when  you use one ue4 project t0 tranfer a few times, this type of weirf problem like character displacement, missing texture, skeleton mismatch occurs. Try starting a new ue4 project and most of the problem will be fixed. Sorry, it's not a quick fix but works for me everytime.

Reading This Topic